Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

BAe146 Hydraulic PWM circuit

Hello,

As most of you know, a number of my items on my 146 build interact directly with FS9 thru FSUIPC (landing gear, flight controls, etc), or Open Cockpits (engine gauges, flaps).

Although there are many good 146 products on the market. I am using a generic 146 download, using the airfiles from the Baepanelproject webpage.

I am running a parallel simulation..with hydraulic panel, APU control etc due to the fact that I cannot tap into the actual operation of the switches etc. (thru an interface) if i was to use a product like Quality wings, or even the free download panels as can be found on the baepanelproject (not to mention FSpanel studio would not allow me to move gauges around and re-size them (in the baepanelproject there is a write protect of some kind which will allow the gauges to be moved and re-sized, but they do not operate)

In other words, some of these panels do not run or control the actual hydraulic system in flight sim, however the lights and gauges react as if they did. Maybe one day I will be able to tap into these pay aircraft that have all the bell and whistles and actually control the system..but for now

Here are some pictures of the new hydraulic PWM circuit...it is in the final test stages and will be installed on the attached hydraulic panel in the next couple of weeks.

BAe146 Hydraulic PWM Circuit Video by Mach73 | Photobucket

The AVI link explains the operation.

enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: BAe146 Hydraulic PWM circuit

Awesome! Out of curiosity, where have you been finding these genuine parts?

@Avro748

Most of the parts I have purchased through the years on Ebay...

Cool. I wish I could find 748 parts. They're just too rare and expensive.

You have a pretty simple flight deck compared to most. Depending on the route you wanted to go, the engine panel gauges could be hand crafted and operated by an Open Cockpits card(s), most of the flight instruments are used in other types of aircraft.

Do you have a simulator platform for the aircraft? That is...a generic 748 download etc.

If you do, the other option would be to go for screens behind cockpit panel cut-outs and use FSpanel studio to move the gauges around and enlarge them.

Actually, my gauge cutouts are printed on card stock. I plan to operate them with an OC Servo or Stepper Card depending on the instrument. The aircraft I'm using is Rick Piper's fantastic freeware 748. Pay no attention to the word, "Freeware," as it is far from generic. It is a complete systems simulation, all the way down to the pressurization, fuel trim, and water methanol systems. It also has an great visual and FD model, considering it was freeware and designed for FS9. I would use screens for the gauges, but I'm worried about the FPS impact, since I'm already adding three screens for the visuals and a screen for the weather radar. That's part of the reason I'm starting with the overhead panel, which is now partially interfaced to the sim. The overhead panel is mostly inputs, and I plan to use servos for those gauges. By the time I have the overhead panel, radio stack, and throttle pedestal completed, I will have decided what to do. By the way, my cockpit may seem simple, but it is no desktop nor generic cockpit. By the end, it will be fully functional.