Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX - Arduino Link2FS Question

Dear Jim,

I congratulate you on your work. I have a question about your interface I can't seem to find.

Can your interface query an LVar in FS?

You have many FS attributes on your UI including 3 I use for LEDs - Nose, Left and Right Gear state. However, in building a Lear 45XR cockpit, the ECIAS has many warning/caution messages. In the "real" 45XR, when they occur, it lights a 2 LED button either with CAUT or WARN (different colors). The pilot can then turn off the LED in the button by pushing the button. I would attach an image of the gauge but the insert image icon doesn't seem to work. I have attached the image.

I have coded the ECIAS gauge to set an LVar that the button code reads to turn the appropriate CAUT or WARN color on (in the FSX gauge as of now). I want to light the appropriate LED on the instrument panel using the Arduino UNO. And then shut the LVar off do with the button (which I know how to do with FSUIPC and Lua).

Can Link2FS query the LVar? Or can you give me some direction of how to link the Arduino UNO IDE to FSUIPC? I'm having a hard time finding comprehensive information on the internet about FSUIPC and Arduino. The is much about FSUIPC and Pokeys.

Thanks so much,
    Dave Simmons
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    Attached Images Attached Images

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FSX - Arduino Link2FS Question

I'm afraid not Dave ,,, my programs only talk to Simconnect (FSX) or fsconnect (FS9).
    If the Lvar is available thru FSUIPC then if your feeling brave ,, you could roll your own.
    Pete has demo programs in his SDK and also at my site there are some sample source codes that talk to FSUIPC.
    http://www.jimspage.co.nz/fsxfs9inouts.htm
    (about half way down the page)

Good luck with the mission Dave ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !