Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

B737 Build what line of hardware ?

Hi!

Starting a 737 Build and wondering about general experience from you her @ MyCockpit.

Been looking at Flight Decks Sollutions and started of considering JetMAx but that product i made for "half Cock Pit"
    so I decided to go another another way.
    I can se that FSC, Flightengravity, Cockpitsonic are mentioned a lot here.
    What are pro's and cons with these brands Flight Deck Sollution, DSC, FlightEngravty, Cockpitsonic and
    experience in FDS-stuff in particular.

Bigone

Re: B737 Build what line of hardware ?

Depends on what 737 you're building. 100/200, Classic, or NG? Then, it's a matter of The virtual aircraft you're basing the sim on. (Tinmouse, IFly, PMDG, Feelthere, etc) This is important because not all aircraft were designed with cockpit builders in mind. Tell me which 737 you're using, and I might be able to help. I'm not an incredibly experienced builder though.

EDIT: CockpitSonic is no longer existing, there is a fake one in it's place that scams you for money. Stay away from it.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Yourself being from Sweden it would make sense to buy from an European supplier and not from overseas as you will be paying import duties, customs and taxes etc. So please bare this in mind especially if making a valuable purchase. Engravity has an excellent reputation so this maybe worth a bite being from the Netherlands.

Alex

10+ Posting Member

Cool Re: B737 Build what line of hardware ?

Quote Originally Posted by Avro748 View Post
    Depends on what 737 you're building. 100/200, Classic, or NG? Then, it's a matter of The virtual aircraft you're basing the sim on. (Tinmouse, IFly, PMDG, Feelthere, etc) This is important because not all aircraft were designed with cockpit builders in mind. Tell me which 737 you're using, and I might be able to help. I'm not an incredibly experienced builder though.

EDIT: CockpitSonic is no longer existing, there is a fake one in it's place that scams you for money. Stay away from it.
    Hi !

Going for the NG 700 or 800 and PMDG.
    Project Magenta in mind but dont know if that is the best way to go.
    (Got PM GAIFR and it works fine)
    OK CockpitSonic is bogus, good to know.
    Are there any other bad guys lurking in Cock Pit building part of Internet ?

Ok, the first thing to know is that Project Magenta is not FULLY compatible with PMDG yet. They are working on an update. AlexJ is right in that you should probably go with engravity, as they have modular parts for a full cockpit. If your budget allows, you can find Motorized TQs, Force feedback dual Yokes, Shells, and stick shakers here:
    Revolution SimProducts

Or maybe you can try here: www.simujabs.com

Is a place where you can found whatever you need, yes, is a new place, but I as a designer, I've ten years of experience designing for this hobby.

In fact, I was the designer of Jetmax suite, when I did design for FDS, but now it's time to have my own place to develope, not only sell, but help to the people as well

Regards
    Pedro Bibiloni.

75+ Posting Member BuildABoeing's Avatar

From what I have heard interfacing the PMDG in a home build cockpit will face you with many challenges.
    You should focus on an avionics suite more than an aircraft. There are different solutions. I use ProSim. The prices went up this winter, but it is very good and easy to interface. And as you already have mentioned Project Magenta. But both are not among the cheapest. And finally there is an australian company called Aerosoft (Not the German add-on company Aerosoft, this is a different one), but that suite I have not heard much about. But you could also look at iFly (Builder edition!). iFly gives you both a normal add-on 737 and whey you need for a home build and a nice looking model.

As you soon will discover (If you have not all ready done so) this is an extremely costly affair. (I mean when you can charge SEK1000 for a few pieces of painted/engraved plexiglass, you know I is going to cost you )
    If you haven't already done so make i budget. Then multiply it with two and you have the amount you will end up spending.

There are many high quality suppliers in Europe, and some quite decent budget-suppliers (Like OpenCockpits). I am sure you will find many suppliers mentioned on this forum.

Cheers
    Peter
    Best wishes, Peter
    Building a B737NG - Blog: BuildABoing

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Or maybe you can try here: www.simujabs.com

Is a place where you can found whatever you need, yes, is a new place, but I as a designer, I've ten years of experience designing for this hobby.

In fact, I was the designer of Jetmax suite, when I did design for FDS, but now it's time to have my own place to develope, not only sell, but help to the people as well

Regards
    Pedro Bibiloni.
    Hi Pedro!

Nice to see a Palma de Mallorca builder, I know your city very well, I was there last month! I guess we can see you at Son Bonet too? A few members at my flying club have flown from there, its a great strip I hear, hope to visit in October! Great looking website and I hope it all goes well for you.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Nice to see someone who likes my homeland

No, seriously, this land is frequently visited by english people, as german, italian, swedish, finish, french, and a long etc...

October?, well maybe you can write me before you come, and if is possible we could take a coffee together and talk.

Regards
    Pedro Bibiloni

10+ Posting Member

Revolution SimProducts
    Very Cool and expensive stuff..
    No products are available in the shop though ?

Big One
    Last edited by bigsweede; 05-22-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: därför

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast