Thread: SIOC script

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

SIOC script

Hello everyone
    I have the Open cockpits USB stepper motor card, a stepper motor, an optical switch and a slide potentiometer. However i was wondering if you could help me in generating a SIOC script for the motion platform i have created as shown below (the stepper motor connected at the end of the ballscrrew is not shown).
    Attachment 7839
    I have the linear slide potentiometer to ensure that when i restart FSX, the ballscrew goes back to its starting point. A general description of how I want it to work is given below:

1) If the airspeed is 2) If the airspeed is >160 but less than 230, the stepper should turn 180 degrees x6 times.
    3) If airspeed is >230 but less than 400, the stepper should turn (270degrees more than the previous one)
    4) While taxiing and just before landing, the stepper motor should turn (180degrees x 12times)
    5) When Fsx restrats, rotate the stepper motor (anti-clockwise), so that potentiometer value goes back to zero.

I know there is a conflict between statement 1 and 4, but my stepper motor is attached to a linear platform with springs. The more the number of turns, the longer the spring expands and harder it becomes to move the rudder pedals. I hope you understand what I require to simulate. I m new to sioc, so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Akhil

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: SIOC script

Hello everyone
    I have the Open cockpits USB stepper motor card, a stepper motor, an optical switch and a slide potentiometer. However i was wondering if you could help me in generating a SIOC script for the motion platform i have created as shown below (the stepper motor connected at the end of the ballscrrew is not shown).

I have the linear slide potentiometer to ensure that when i restart FSX, the ballscrew goes back to its starting point. A general description of how I want it to work is given below:

1) If the airspeed is
    2) If the airspeed is >160 but less than 230, the stepper should turn 180 degrees x6 times.
    3) If airspeed is >230 but less than 400, the stepper should turn (270degrees more than the previous one)
    4) While taxiing and just before landing, the stepper motor should turn (180degrees x 12times)
    5) When Fsx restrats, rotate the stepper motor (anti-clockwise), so that potentiometer value goes back to zero.

I know there is a conflict between statement 1 and 4, but my stepper motor is attached to a linear platform with springs. The more the number of turns, the longer the spring expands and harder it becomes to move the rudder pedals. I hope you understand what I require to simulate. I m new to sioc, so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Akhil