25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi guys, questions about arduino

hi there
    i'm new to arduino stuff, i've been playing around the pokeys cards, they are really great but now i need a simple and cheap solution to drive hd44780 lcd displays for mcp and radio information. these are my questions: is it possible to have an arduino just showing the information coming from the mcp or radio but having the encoders in a different (like the pokeys) card? what is the cheapest version of arduino that will suport the lcd display? pro mini? nano? or is it best to go to duemilnove arduino? is there an arduino that will suport more than one lcd display?
    please forgive my english and the problably stupid newbie questions, i'll be very thankfull if you guys can enlight me.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Hi guys, questions about arduino

Yes the Arduino can do that ,,, probably the simplest and easiest to get it up and running is a Uno (or a duemilnove) to just indicate info on LCD's ,, and yes ,, you can run multiple LCD's off the one card.

Just be aware tho that some "Hi end" planes do not use simconnect for some functions so check that the extractions are available with what ever software you plan to use before diving into a commitment.

Cheers ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

25+ Posting Member

Re: Hi guys, questions about arduino

Thanks for your quick response jim, i had a lot of work this week so i just i had time to reply today. Your help is very apreciated. Thanks