Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

VB6 code to contribute - To Jim NZ

Hi Jim,

your website turned out to be very helpful. I'm not that much of a FSX freak like some others but I'm also glad that my wife still loves me.

In my former life I worked a lot with VB6. Because I'm very used to it (and therefore fast) I still prefer this somewhat "old fashioned" way to develop tools quick and dirty.

My plan was to use an Industrial Panel PC (with touch screen) as an additional gadget for FSX. This machine happened to be around for some time with no other use. So I took your "playruss_a" sample as a base and added some SimConnect API calls for CommandButton Events (with and without value transmission to FSX). The beauty is that it works with the Plain SimConnect interface and without the FSCSC OCX in your "vb6_jims8buttons_fsx" sample.

Because of the given resolution of 800x600 I made it frameless (like a typical industrial HMI surface) and tweaked the look an feel a little (black metal background and so on). That's another nice thing of VB6: One can modify the design quite a bit and the application still runs fast and "native" (without any installation) on an outdated hardware.

Now it might be a good idea to give something back to the community. I thought you might be interested to host the project on your website. I don't want to build my own infrastructure for this and if one is looking for VB6 FSX sample code he might end up in NZ sooner or later as I did.

I attached a screenshot to give you a first impression and I would send you the complete project if you are interested. Just let me know.

Say hello to Linda
    Cheers
    GooseFreak

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: VB6 code to contribute - To Jim NZ

Great stuff GooseFreak ,,, a marvelous gesture and sure, I'll get it up on my site to spread the knowledge.

Actually when I started (many moons ago) there was very little on the net in any language and as I progressed thru the battle of learning IPC stuff, it nagged in my brain to get simple info out there so "learners" could have a play too and learn to make something for themselves.

I've just done some "jims8buttons" for FSUIPC so that's another thing I need to put up on the website when I get on to updating it.

If you could just email it to me I'll do the rest. Thank a lot :) :)
    jimXjimspage.co.nz (replace the X with you-know-what)

It's great people are willing to share ,,, not a lot of that goes on these days. :)

Thanks again ,, and cheers ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

...it's done.

Thanks again!

GooseFreak

4. Thanks Jim NZ thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Yes I got it GooseFreak and many thanks for it.

I sent you and email from another address so watch your spam filter for a new "sender"

Once I get caught up with all the program "updating" I'm doing I'll get it into my website along with that FSUIPC stuff.

VB6 ,, I love it ,, I beats me why M$ don't "modernize" it without the "bloat" that's in the Net compilers.

Again thanks for sharing GooseFreak ,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

thanks , i interisting in you fsx console please send me you complete project for test in mexico.

thank

Felipe Rojo