Thread: IO CARD HELP

10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Smile IO CARD HELP

hello I am planning to make a 737 ngx home cockpit . I started researching about one month ago and pretty much i will make a cockpit simmilar to this one FSX 737 and My Homemade Cockpit - YouTube . I will buy the MIP (captain and center side only) MCP , EFIS , YOKE etc.. (But no OVHD or pedestal) so i come to my question which is : What types of cards am i going to need of course i will need a usb expansion card and master card but is their anything else and secondly How the heck am i going to be able to know where this wire goes on the master card and all the other cards ?

PLEASE HELP FIRST TIME EXCPERIENCE

10+ Posting Member

Re: IO CARD HELP

ANY HELP ?

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum. I think a good start would be to go and read what this person has to say about his gear.
    In his Blog under Microsoft configuration he fully describes everything. It also sound like you need to do a lot more
    research. Do search under Cockpits and see what others have done. Buying Opencockpit Modules seems to be
    a cheaper way to go and they have their own Sioc scripts to run their hardware. Starting with Sioc for a beginner
    is a lot to ask.
    I think you need to do a lot more research and then you will fully understand what its involved. When you don't
    understand anything, just come back and ask. We all had to start somewhere and there is always help here.
    Sometimes its a little slow in coming.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Regards
    Les

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by iwik View Post
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum. I think a good start would be to go and read what this person has to say about his gear.
    In his Blog under Microsoft configuration he fully describes everything. It also sound like you need to do a lot more
    research. Do search under Cockpits and see what others have done. Buying Opencockpit Modules seems to be
    a cheaper way to go and they have their own Sioc scripts to run their hardware. Starting with Sioc for a beginner
    is a lot to ask.
    I think you need to do a lot more research and then you will fully understand what its involved. When you don't
    understand anything, just come back and ask. We all had to start somewhere and there is always help here.
    Sometimes its a little slow in coming.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Regards
    Les
    Hello les thanks for the advice one thing i failed to mention is that i will not buy OC MCP or EFIS rather i will buy the VRinsight BOEING MCP COMBO simply because it is a combo and it has a simple Plug and Play interface . Of course i have visited and read MANY MANY forums and watched many videos and im fully aware of what I will face in my cockpit build . So the only problem that is making me frustrated is that how am i going to be able to know where every wire goes to because its a bit complicated and it seems that its really frustrating me . Any way thanks for the help and i wish that i would find a solution to this problen as soon as possible

10+ Posting Member

Hello les thanks for the advice one thing i failed to mention is that i will not buy OC MCP or EFIS rather i will buy the VRinsight BOEING MCP COMBO simply because it is a combo and it has a simple Plug and Play interface . Of course i have visited and read MANY MANY forums and watched many videos and im fully aware of what I will face in my cockpit build . So the only problem that is making me frustrated is that how am i going to be able to know where every wire goes to because its a bit complicated and it seems that its really frustrating me . Any way thanks for the help and i wish that i would find a solution to this problen as soon as possible

75+ Posting Member

hi sorry i don't mean to sound rude but you will have to study the manual for mastercard from opencockpits, i know it's written little bit in spanglish

generally 1 master card and 1 usbexpansion card should be enough for all switches to work on Captain MIP and Center MIP it should also be enough for all annunciators (outputs)
    you only connect switches to mastercrad the other usbexpansion for now just think of it as a way to connect your master card to USB on your PC

switches --->
    LEDS annunciators ----> MASTER CARD ---- > USB EXPANSION CARD ---> USB in your PC

if you want a flaps gauge working you need servos card too

if you want Ni-set and SPD-REF you will need 2 dual rotary encoders and card bu0836x (easy way) to make them work, but for beginners i don't recommend it..kinda useless i made it in my cockpit but still don't really need it...

again just gotta read the manual few times over for OCmastercard it really isn't that difficult best, once you have it connect one switch as per their example in manual and you get a hang of it

you will need to learn to program them after with SIOC to actually make them do something in the SIM but there are many examples that just need some basic editing to make it work, the bad part is they are aircraft specific for example i with help of other users got almost every switch working and configured with SIOC to work with PMDG737NGX but if i wanted to fly some other aircraft.. well nothing is gonna work would have to write SIOC to make it work for other aircraft..

as far as your vrinsight COMBO i guess they make drivers for many aircraft so that shouldn't be so hard, not sure i don't use their hardware.

Andy

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCYXU View Post
    hi sorry i don't mean to sound rude but you will have to study the manual for mastercard from opencockpits, i know it's written little bit in spanglish

generally 1 master card and 1 usbexpansion card should be enough for all switches to work on Captain MIP and Center MIP it should also be enough for all annunciators (outputs)
    you only connect switches to mastercrad the other usbexpansion for now just think of it as a way to connect your master card to USB on your PC

switches --->
    LEDS annunciators ----> MASTER CARD ---- > USB EXPANSION CARD ---> USB in your PC

if you want a flaps gauge working you need servos card too

if you want Ni-set and SPD-REF you will need 2 dual rotary encoders and card bu0836x (easy way) to make them work, but for beginners i don't recommend it..kinda useless i made it in my cockpit but still don't really need it...

again just gotta read the manual few times over for OCmastercard it really isn't that difficult best, once you have it connect one switch as per their example in manual and you get a hang of it

you will need to learn to program them after with SIOC to actually make them do something in the SIM but there are many examples that just need some basic editing to make it work, the bad part is they are aircraft specific for example i with help of other users got almost every switch working and configured with SIOC to work with PMDG737NGX but if i wanted to fly some other aircraft.. well nothing is gonna work would have to write SIOC to make it work for other aircraft..

as far as your vrinsight COMBO i guess they make drivers for many aircraft so that shouldn't be so hard, not sure i don't use their hardware.

Andy
    Thanks for the help i will read the manual and hopefully ill unterstand the way to connect the wires

Hello,
    I have one master card, one USB expansion card and one USB servo card now I tried to connect them with my laptop on which have windows 7 64 bit but nothing seem to happening its not responding. But in sioc it shows the device but thats all i am able to do till now.
    pleases guide me through the process or direct me to someone who can help me Thanks

Hello,
    I have one master card, one USB expansion card and one USB servo card now I tried to connect them with my laptop on which have windows 7 64 bit but nothing seem to happening its not responding. But in sioc it shows the device but thats all i am able to do till now.
    pleases guide me through the process or direct me to someone who can help me Thanks

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi Nightfury,
    Welcome to the forum. You have not given us much to go on. So all I can do to start with is
    to say hopefully you have read the beginning of this thread.
    To summarize you need Sioc script(a small program) to allow the Opencockpits hardware to connect
    with FSX/FS9. Also how to connect your switches and Leds to this hardware.
    Not knowing your ability some understanding of basic Electronics is required along with programming
    skills.
    May I suggest to start off with that you download the assembly manual for the Opencockpits Master Card/Expansion
    card from their site. Go to the store and click on the Master Card Kit and D/L the docs. Read these and then come back
    and from there we should be able to ascertain what level you are at and help you further.
    Their Hardware/software is very powerful but there is a lot of learning required but not impossible to learn and fulfill
    your dream.
    Good luck and don't forget to come back and ask.
    Regards
    les