Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

From the land of Boeing

I've been checking out flight sim forums for a while now, planning on building another flight sim. I've enjoy reading what I've found on this forum, so I've finally joined.
    My background; my last sim was a desk with a single monitor, keyboard and mouse, I had a yoke, joystick, throttle, and pedals. About as basic as you can get. I've had a private license and was an active member of the EAA for 14 years. My main interest is in experimental aircraft. I don't mind flying the big iron or fighters, but there's nothing like the old $100 hamburger run checking out the surrounding airports and scenery.
    Here's my basic plan; do a 'ell of a lot more research. I'd like to be able to switch between yoke, center stick, and side joystick. But that looking like more of a pipe dream.I like the 3 screens with the Furnell lens. Get all of the gauges and switches off the computer screen. Use a touch screen for the instrument panel so I can switch from the old 6 pack to a glass panel and still have touch control.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: From the land of Boeing

Welcome to the forum, nice to have another addition to our ever growing flight sim builders community!
    I will look forward to following your progress.

Best Regards
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

I love multifunctional sims! Looking forward to your contributions

Thanks guys, I'm taking it kind of slow. The world has change from the days of game port controllers. LOL... I'm basing the sim off of Roland's 3 screen basic design. Just finished switching out the 17" monitors to 24 wides, Using Sketch Up for all the layout work. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I fit the computer into the design. Thinking about maybe a mini, mid tower, or 4U rack case. I've got a few different ideas about how to pull off the controls. The touch screen is going to be a bit harder, looks like I'll need to learn some new programming skills. But living in Seattle, I have friends that work at both Boeing and Microsoft that I can black mail into helping with the project. So I might use the Saitek panels to get started and upgrade later after I figure everything out. So many different ways to go and more research to figure them out.