Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Prepar3D + curved screen + 4 projectors + 3 PCs - views problem

Hello all,

I have 240° curved screen, 4 short-throw projectors and 3 PCs running Prepar3D (first PC is a wideview server, while the other two are clients for rendering outside view, each running 2 projectors) and I have trouble setting up the views in Pr3D. I tried the windowmaker spreadsheet, but when setting up 4 windows, the views doesn't connect seamlessly. Especially when turning, the edge between window is creating weird movement in the picture which is not right. Is there a way to create seamless 240° picture with my setup?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Prepar3D + curved screen + 4 projectors + 3 PCs - views problem

When you say "weird movement", do you mean that when you bank the horizon line does not stay lined up at the vertical seams of the projectors? Also, did you tweak your zoom values too make sure that what you're using is correct. Windowmaker gives you the ballpark, but you have to tweak it to get everything just right.

Also, it sounds as if you're likely using the wrong camera choice in windowmaker. I am not able to look at mine currently, but you have to make sure that the camera is the right one; I cannot remember if it's a 2D view or 3D Virtual view value. However, it is a long string of numbers to read...

Finally, you did not mention which correction program you're using for the curved screen. Are you using Nthusim or another similar program? If not, then you're missing the most important part...you cannot correct for a curve screen projection setup without one of those programs.

BSD

Well the horizon change angle at each window boarder when flying up or down, that is the weird movement I am talking about. When I used zoom 1, I managed to get perfect window view alignment (one seamless picture in any condition), but the FOV was really small. Then I used the zoom of 0.55 from windowmaker and now it is not possible to create usable alignment, it is very clear, that it is composed of 4 windows and in the connection of each 2 windows, the horizon change the angle quite rapidly. But I guess that is just the way P3D treats views with different angle.

For curved screen correction I am using ImmersaView Warp, I set it up just fine. The problem is only in P3D.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Voytik,

I am a user of Wideview and have been for some time now. I feel what you are trying to achieve will not work whilst using Wideview. As you kow, Wideview is only going to work correctly if you are producing one view per computer. Each view being equal to the angle of the projection and then with the correct zoom. What you are doing is producing two views per computer and only have the ability to control one of the views in the Wideview View setup configuration. If you were using 3 projectors and three clients, then this would be an easy task. The introduction of Window Maker, I think you will find is going to be your problem. As you have only two client computers and four projectors, it is a shame you could not have 4 client computers. You can however, use the Server for and outside view also as I do, providing it is up to the job and then you would only need one more computer. If you take away Wideview and use he Window Maker only, then it would depend on the ability of the computers as to how many window views they could handle.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Guys!

We are using Wideview with two client computers and three views (projectors). Two views on one computer works fine. Read the manual with patience, specially pages 40-41.

Regards,
    -Henri

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by BeaconOne View Post
    Hi Guys!

We are using Wideview with two client computers and three views (projectors). Two views on one computer works fine. Read the manual with patience, specially pages 40-41.

Regards,
    -Henri
    Hi Henri,

I must admit that I thought I had read the manual back to front a number of times, but as I do not use Wideview in this manner I will admit that I must have skimmed over the section regarding the use of the extra windows and the Dummy Aircraft. Do you get seamless views using this method?

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Hi Henri,

Do you get seamless views using this method?

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    Hi Bernie,

Yes we do.

We had Prepar3D set up in multichannel with pixel perfect seamless views. Recently we switched to Wideview and were able to reproduce the exact same views as with P3D-MC.

Regards,
    -Henri

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Henri,

Yes it was good that Luciano updated the software to work with Prepar3D.

Kind Regards

Bernie.