Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GA Pit V.2.0. Need some NAV COM Advice

I put together a GA sim about a year ago, and have recently invested some dough into a redesign. I initially built the sim when I started working on my PPL, to practice approaches, but immediately found it useful for practicing everything else as well. I was happy (enough) with it until awhile back when I had the chance to spend about an hour in a full motion King Air sim at the air force training facility in Portage La Prairie MB. That'll ruin a guy for sitting on a dining chair, pretending those monitor bezels don't exist! Suddenly I became really interested in immersion.

So I've been squirreling money away, buying components, and I'm almost ready to start over.

I was lucky enough to buy a used Emuteq 530 for next to nothing, but I never actually had it set up because I didn't have a spare output on my GUI. I built another computer though, which I plan on dedicating to my forward views. This leaves room on the server to run the 530. My question is this: I haven't had the chance to play around with the GarSim yet (because everything has been dismantled) so I'm not sure what else to include in the radio stack. I have the Saitek NAV COM panel as well as their AP panel, but I would actually rather not use them. The 530 should take care of NAV 1&2 though, do I need the redundancy of another NAV COM panel? I don't really care about a transponder, and ADF is so uncommon even the full IFR planes I've flown don't have it, so I can scratch those. Other than a simple AP panel, any suggestions what else I might need? I only have 8 hours of instrument flying under my belt, but would like to set up my simulator so I can eventually practice IFR.

Thanks!

V 1.1.jpg

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: GA Pit V.2.0. Need some NAV COM Advice

Please delete.
    Thanks

I came up with:
    For switches
    8 toggle
    3 Pull
    6 Rocker
    1 5 way key

rotaries will come later.
    Last edited by wisdom; 06-29-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: wrong thread: NOTE TO MOD