Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Newbie with questions about FSUIPC

Hi,

new to the forum and new to building panels as well. I have purchased the desktop aviator 2095A board, and so far am quite impressed with, not only it's abilities, but the fact that I havent wrecked anything yet!

I am having issues though programing (and I use that term very loosly) some switches on FSUIPC. I have ten rotary switches. I would like to use one or two of them as switches to turn the power on on some of the avionics like the transponder and the com/nav for instance. I am unable to find the control name on the list that comes with FSUIPC, and I do not know how to use the log properly. I am flying GA almost entirely. Oh, and using FSUIPC4, and FSX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please bear in mind that I just started getting into this stuff. I'll wait till I get a little more experience to ask how to use my Iphone as a GPS screen. (if that's even possible)

SpunkChicken

25+ Posting Member

Re: Newbie with questions about FSUIPC

Hello SpunkChicken,

Not sure if I am interpreting your post correctly, but it seems to me you are unable to map the rotary functions in FSUIPC?

Check this read as you may find it helpful:
    http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIM...C+TUTORIAL.pdf

Although the above doesnt cover rotarys it should get you familiar with FSUIPC mappings.

I have all my controls mapped via FSUIPC (controllers are disabled in FSX) however I do not have any rotary's in my setup.
    You may have to map your rotarys to FSUIPC offsets if they are not on the list. Check these links for more info on offsets:
    http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/FSUIPC%20Help.pdf
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/cock...s-dummies.html

Your FSUIPC download should contain a document which is a full list of offsets that can be used for various functions, unfortunately I was unable to find a web version.

Anyway I hope this points you in the right direction.

Re: Newbie with questions about FSUIPC

hey thanks Simaviator13,

I have started going through this tutorial and I think it may be the way to go for me. I did manage to figure out how to program the rotary switches through FSUIPC buttons and switches tab, but I guess what I should've asked is how do I map to offsets? And wow, now I feel like an idiot. I don't want Peter Dowson to yell at me for not reading the manual, but after you mentioned the offset codes, I couldn't figure out where to get them from and started looking in the documentation. Guess what, it's there, ya I'm an idiot. Oh well now I know. that being said though, I may still need some assistance using the log to figure out what the offsets are for the power switch to turn Nav/Com radios on, and transponder power on.
    Thank you for taking time out of your day for my ignorance. It really is appreciated.