Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Scotland - new 767 arduino based project

Hi guys, i've been a member of this site for quite a while now but this is my first post. I am currently studying Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Glasgow and in my spare time since xmas i have been building an MCP to be used with the Level D 767. it is still a work in progress but is starting to take shape. It is based on the arduino mega board and interfaces to the flightsim using the excellent FSCONV and a small VB program i wrote (I tried using lekseecon_f but it didn't update the displays as quickly, i'm probably missing something) Here is a picture of it as it looks just now
    2013-04-09 16.14.57.jpg
    It is still a work in progress, especially in making it look good lol but it is getting there. i plan on starting a build thread showing how i have done everything and add my code and stuff as i know there are quite a lot of people starting to use the arduino boards, but i'm not sure what section it is best to put it in.
    This project is all about budget. Being a poor student, i am always skint and have to save some beer tokens as well haha, so far i have spent around £50 -£60 on this so its not too hard on the wallet.
    Any advice or hints etc would be much appreciated, also feel free to ask questions and stuff but i have exams coming up in a couple of weeks so might take a wee while to respond.
    And thanks for having an awesome site it has helped me with just about everything i got stuck on.
    Also would like to thank Jim as his link2fs program insipred me to start this!
    Cheers
    Mark
    Cheers

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Hello from Scotland - new 767 arduino based project

sounds like a great project Mark, i'm very impressed with what you've achieved with the money spent.
    Well done,

Best of luck with the project...
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Re: Hello from Scotland - new 767 arduino based project

Hi Mark,
    Im currently living in Hamilton and i love flying and want to build 737NG simulator. I just build new PC for the job and should start getting some stuff as the MCP panel for the simulator next month. I wonder if u could use new friend that is enthusiastic about the flying as well...