Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

SIOC command to enable/ inhibit IOCARDS_OUT ouputs

Hi,

I am in process of making a PMDG B737/SIOC script for my new Opencockpits Overhead v2 panel.

In order to "OFF" all annunciators when i.e turning Battery OFF I wonder if someone knows if there is any "OFF / ON" commands ( an inhibit/enable signal ) for all IOCARD_OUT outputs at once. As the PMDG B737 software doesn't set annunciators to "OFF" when Battery is set to OFF, so the SIOC variables still has the actual "ON or OFF" state. PMDG just TOGGLE_AVIONICS_MASTER ( a FSX offset). I therefor need a way set all OVH panel annuns to "OFF".

rgs,
    Roar Kristensen rksoftware www.flightsim4fun.com
    Flightsimmer since 1982 (Sinclair Spectrum Sinclair QL, Amiga, PC --16Mhz >>4.4GHz)

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Re: SIOC command to enable/ inhibit IOCARDS_OUT ouputs

Hi Roar,
    No there is no such command in SIOC. You have to set each annunciator individually...

Note that each annunciator (in the real plane) is powered by an electrical bus. If you know the states of these busses you can built this in your scripts.

I have been able to build this in my lekseecon program for every annunciator and digit because the states of the electrical busses in the Boeing 767 are in the SDK of the Level-D; don't know if this is the case in the 737 as well...

Rgrds,
    Nico

Hi Nico,

Thanks for answering. Then I have to do it the "hard" way.

The states of electrical buses are all available with the SDK, so I can do it as you suggest. The only thing that I know is missing for the OVH is the Metering info about VOLTS, AMP etc for DC and AC sources . After contacting PMDG they have put those on the request list for SDK SP2 , so hopefully everything can be simulated. In the mean time I have to "simulate" some data, just to have a live display.

The OpenCockpits OCH v2 is of very good quality and will certainly increase the feeling of "real" cockpit.

The OVH script, together with the IOCP Client software and scripts for MCP v2/v3, EFIS, CDU v2, NAV,COM, ADF, ATC will soon be available on my site : flightsim4fun.com - rk software.

Everything will be P&P if the modules are connected to the PC.

rgs
    Roar
    Roar Kristensen rksoftware www.flightsim4fun.com
    Flightsimmer since 1982 (Sinclair Spectrum Sinclair QL, Amiga, PC --16Mhz >>4.4GHz)

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roarkr View Post
    The OpenCockpits OCH v2 is of very good quality and will certainly increase the feeling of "real" cockpit.
    I agree, it's a pity they do not make such an overhead for the 767 :-[

rgrds,
    Nico