25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

NGX fuel offset 65EC

Hi I hope some can help with the NGX fuel offsets 65EC, 65E8, 65F0. I've been trying to use them.
    it says that it is in lbs. So reading the offset (with sioc) 1174850794 = a full (left or right) tank thus 8630 lbs. But 1174850794 / 8630 = 136,135.6656 does not correspond with 1 lbs. reading the offset Left tank with 1 lbs in it gives me 10653353216
    Hope some one can help, cause I have no clue at the moment.
    thnx and have a nice Easter
    henri

75+ Posting Member

Re: NGX fuel offset 65EC

what are you trying to do with this? if you trying to ran a servo I can offer you my experience when I was writting a script for brake pressure gauge.

I had similar problem where fsuipc value would not correspond nicely with brake pressure value meaning : pressure = 3000psi when fsuipc = 1000 so you would think when press=1500 fsuipc=500 well NO !!! I was mad lol when press was 1500 fsuipc gave me value of 700....
    well b4 I start boring you and I might not even talk about what you need to know bottom line when I plotted values of pressure/fsuipc on x/y graph I ended up with parabola meaning dependance on pressure value and fsuipc value was a quadratic equation which I had to find out to make my gauge move smooth as possible , also to make it more difficult fsuipc values were not 1000 or 700 as I wrote above these were just examples, actual values were like yours big 9 digit numbers made the calculator sweat lol
    anyhow if this is what you trying to do I can explain you in more detail what I did
    PS I never played with fuel gauge but guessing similar might be true also all the above I did with pmdg

25+ Posting Member

Hi and Thnx Andy,
    i'm trying to use them on a small lcd "2X16". Well i know what U mean cause it's the same with the flaps.
    I'll keep looking
    henri

75+ Posting Member

oh, so I'm guessing display numbers digits, yeah that's beyond my knowledge can't help you there nice thing about flaps is all one needs is 8 positions no weird formulas required. even with my idea of formula for fuel if you decided to go with formula it would be very innacurate... works great for a gauge but would never match digits with the sim, will get close be never exactly.
    Anyways
    good luck
    Andy

25+ Posting Member

Hi Andy
    Thnx, working with the lcd is not the problem. that i manage so far ( use them for ATR 72-500 also). i,m just having problems with the numbers from the offsets. ex offset 65EC gives 1174852192 (full tank) reading with the IOCPconsole. This no refer to 8630 Lbs????? how that's what i'm stuck with.
    regards
    henri

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Hi Andy
    Thnx, working with the lcd is not the problem. that i manage so far ( use them for ATR 72-500 also). i,m just having problems with the numbers from the offsets. ex offset 65EC gives 1174852192 (full tank) reading with the IOCPconsole. This no refer to 8630 Lbs????? how that's what i'm stuck with.
    It looks like you are reading it as an integer, whereas it is documented as a "flt32" or 32-bit floating point number. If you interpret it the correct way, as specified by PMDG, I'm sure it will make sense.

With FSUIPC offsets you can always work out what is going on if you use FSInterrogate, supplied in the FSUIPC SDK.

For faster replies to questions about FSUIPC and offsets, please use my Support Forum, which I scan many times a day compared with maybe once a week or so here.

Regards
    Pete

25+ Posting Member

Thnx a lot Pete,
    as you state it is a flt32. but with sioc you can read offset in this way "offset 65EC length 4 type 1".
    I will take a look once more. And get back to you on your support forum.
    regards,
    Henri

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Thnx a lot Pete,
    as you state it is a flt32. but with sioc you can read offset in this way "offset 65EC length 4 type 1".
    If SIOC cannot handle floating point, then there's no way -- unless you write a Lua plug-in, read the offset as a FLT32 and write it back as an integer to a user offset (66C0-66FF are free for such use).

Pete

25+ Posting Member

i try test fsuip but no working,i no understand how thats working,fsuipc is added in modules folder but no open anythinkg program and how can conficure/added new swithes or ga panel working whit fs9 :O ????
    if need program somethink new files i no can,no experiental write code and were can write code.too hard no good.

25+ Posting Member

Thnx pete,
    I'll will give it a try.
    regards,
    henri