Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

motion platform software options

Hi guys, I'm new here and as usual I'm very happy to find a community providing support like this for my various interests!

My question is about software to run the motion platform. I want to build one of the simpler 2DOF/3DOF platforms, but I want to use the platform for games other than the couple of very popular flight sims that people have made software for.

I want to use the platform for some driving Sims such as the DiRT series, and also some WWII combat flight sims... I'll probably buy Sturmovik 1947 and get the mods workign eventually and haven't looked into motion platform support for that title but I'm guessing some work has been done there considering the large following that sim has.

Anyway, at least one of the retail companies who build motion platforms for PC have software for their equipment that will work with essentially all the games I want and more. The most promising one is http://www.joyridesimulators.com/ . One of their setups would be ideal for me and has all the software support I need but I can't afford anywhere near what it would cost (roughly $6,700 USD plus shipping from overseas.. ouch!). Do you know how likely it is that using their software (if I can obtain a copy) to run my home built platform might be possible?

Thanks for your time any help or advice you can provide!

Ray R.
    Lake Ariel, PA

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: motion platform software options

Hi Ray,

If you want to do low cost DIY with many different games, your best
    bet is to carefully research the X-sim site.
    http://www.x-sim.de/forum/portal.php

There are many racing DIY-ers that have used this system to build
    their own motion sim. It takes effort, but surely doable.
    RR