150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help needed with open cockpits efis and mcp

Hi all
    i would be very gratful for help in connecting the open cockpits efis and mcp .i have spent ages trying to get these 2 to work with prosim could some one please help maybe with teamviewer to sort this out many thanks
    dave

75+ Posting Member BuildABoeing's Avatar

Re: Help needed with open cockpits efis and mcp

Hi Dave.

Is it the USB-versions or home build versions?

In either case you need the prosim script-file.
    You need a file called "Prosim_mcp.txt". I am not sure if you find it on the ProSim web site or the OC-site, it is part of either the Prosim737-package or SIOC (I can't remember which) so try going through the sub-folders of eash installation. It is there somewhere.

When you find it move it to the SIOC folder.
    Edit your SIOC.ini and edit the line with the script-file so it loads the "Prosim_mcp.txt" instead of sioc.ssi.
    You also need to edit the set-up of cards (further down the sioc.ini file) It is documented with in the file how to set this up. It is IMPORTANT that the MCP has index 0! So if you have 1 MCP and 2 EFIS they should looke something like this:
    [0,4,1,xx] (xx being the ID of your USB port)
    [1,7,1,xx]
    [2,7,1,xx]

Then it should work.

If you have build your own EFIS / MCP unit (non USB) you need to define each variable in the SIOC script, but you can use the script in prosim_mcp.txt as base and just edit the numbers on the inputs.

Cheers
    Peter
    Best wishes, Peter
    Building a B737NG - Blog: BuildABoing

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Peter
    Many thanks for your reply -
    I placed the prosim.mcp.text file in place ,I found it in the prosim mcp folder and I put in the correct digits
    0,1,5,40 as 40 is my device number
    I then closed sioc and restarted it but still no connection with pro sim
    Peter do you have prosim with your mcp ?could you possibly show me with teamviewer how to connect I am using the open cockpits efis and mcp by USB
    Many thanks
    Dave

75+ Posting Member BuildABoeing's Avatar

Hi Dave.
    You are always more than welcome to contact me.

However I have done some refurbishing on my set up the last weeks, including adding a second computer (That handles ProSim). So I have not had my MCP connected on this second computer (I am wiring up my MIP, and have not "Closed the lit" yet).
    Further more my "ProSim MCP" program refuses to start (It crashes in the start-up process) and with the Prosim-web down I am unable to update...

I am just looking back in some old emails. I also had some problems when I tried to connect them the first time. (My problem however was the "Index=0" which looks okay in your end). But from the email it appears that the MCP also has to be activated in the Prosim Configuration and in the MCP program.

Do you have other things connected via SIOC (Inputs outputs)? ProSim need to know that it must use SIOC for inputs/outputs. That was part of my initial problem. My fellow dane Claus H. has been a great help to me, and this tutorial on SIOC/Prosim helped me: ProSim:737
    Best wishes, Peter
    Building a B737NG - Blog: BuildABoing

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Peter
    many thanks for all your info
    i will look into the link regarding connecting my mcp and efis ,I havnt used open cockpits before so all this script is new to me.
    i will try over the next few days but if I'm still having problems ill give you a shout
    many thanks
    dave