Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to read type, IDX and device number from USB connected OC modules

Hi,

I am in the process of updating my OCP4NGX program for autoconfig of attached modules and need to get a list of attached modules with
    IDX, type and device in my revised IOCP Client C++ program.

DO you know how this can be done? Are there any specific commands I can send to the IOCP Server ( Sioc) to get this info ( the same that is in the SIoc windows under devices.

Or do you have any suggestion to get this info directely from the attached modules. That would be the best solution.

I am using VS for coding.

rgs Roar
    Roar Kristensen rksoftware www.flightsim4fun.com
    Flightsimmer since 1982 (Sinclair Spectrum Sinclair QL, Amiga, PC --16Mhz >>4.4GHz)

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: How to read type, IDX and device number from USB connected OC modules

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Roarkr View Post
    DO you know how this can be done?
    Yes.

Hi,

Are there any specific commands I can send to the IOCP Server ( Sioc) to get this info ( the same that is in the SIoc windows under devices.
    No

Or do you have any suggestion to get this info directely from the attached modules. That would be the best solution.
    In the windows API there is a library function to get the Driver Number of an usb connection. A parameter for that function is ProductID. Each USB module has a productID. For instance MCP = 9, EFIS=11, ATC=16, COM=8, FMC=2, ... and so on ( for more ask Manuel from OC). This function call returns the IDX number. I use this info to create the MASTER section of sioc.ini. The only problem I have is with multiple instances of the same module (two COMM modules for instance).

rgrds,
    Nico

Re: How to read type, IDX and device number from USB connected OC modules

Hi,

Thanks for your tip.

I have actually used this method , but couldn't get any productID or device number. I will have a closer look again. I must have done something wrong.

rgs
    Roar

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Hi

Yes.

No

In the windows API there is a library function to get the Driver Number of an usb connection. A parameter for that function is ProductID. Each USB module has a productID. For instance MCP = 9, EFIS=11, ATC=16, COM=8, FMC=2, ... and so on ( for more ask Manuel from OC). This function call returns the IDX number. I use this info to create the MASTER section of sioc.ini. The only problem I have is with multiple instances of the same module (two COMM modules for instance).

rgrds,
    Nico
    Roar Kristensen rksoftware www.flightsim4fun.com
    Flightsimmer since 1982 (Sinclair Spectrum Sinclair QL, Amiga, PC --16Mhz >>4.4GHz)