Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Boeing 737 Throttle handles for Saitek quadrant for Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassam45 View Post
    hi mate,
    thank you for your intrest, here is the link for the video on youtube:

Let me know if you need any information.
    thanks
    Sam.
    Hi Sam
    Im keen to buy your handles but whats stopping me is in the Vid the extra weight shows the throttle sliding by itself to the cut off position Please excuse me for being direct but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a throttle and I cant think of anything more annoying. Am I seeing the fault correctly?

hi mate,
    thank you for your intrest, here is the link for the video on youtube:

Let me know if you need any information.
    thanks
    Sam.
    Sam I notice as you mention that the due to the extra weight the throttles slide back to cut off position by themselves, is this still correct? I want to buy them but not if I need to keep chasing the throttle

25+ Posting Member

Hi Zoran,
    i really appreciate your input on this mate, like i said before i really would like to know what everyone thinks about them which is good, it helps me to improve the product.

regarding the handles, they are abit heavy as you can see from the video, but it will not drop to the reversal buttons if that's what you mean? the way to correct that is to put what i think is called sticky back material on the throttles unit just under the handles to give it a bit of friction if you know what i mean? i stared to supply this sticky back materiel now with every order i receive.

i remember when i was using the saitek throttles i made handles made of wood, they were heavy too but i managed to put some electric tape on the saitek unit to do the friction and i really enjoy using them, the way i looked at it is anything would slightly give it the look and the feel of the real throttles is better than the original saitek ones. (but it comes at cost!!)

well, the new news is that i am working on something new now anyway, same think but with lighter material. got my CNC Machine now and i am trying to do few cuts to see what it would be like to have a lighter handles, but from the look of it we are still going to have more or less same problem with weight, its because the knobs which is a replica of the real ones are quite heave really.

will keep you updated with my new handles hopefully in a week or so.

thanks
    Sam.

25+ Posting Member

Hi guys,
    here is a quick update for the new light edition Saitek levers i am making, few of mates had a concerns about the weight of the handles, i have managed to find a better material to make them with, i used a PVC to construct the levers and it turned up better than the older ones, (I think) and definitely lighter.

here is the video of the update.

let me know what you think.

thanks
    Sam.

25+ Posting Member

Hi guys,
    Finally i finished with my latest Saitek Throttle levers, the Pro Edition just been released. take a look at it and please let me know what you think.

Attachment 7665 Attachment 7666 Attachment 7667 Attachment 7668 Attachment 7669

here is a video link:

thanks
    Sam.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi guys,
    Finally i finished with my latest Saitek Throttle levers, the Pro Edition just been released. take a look at it and please let me know what you think.

Attachment 7665 Attachment 7666 Attachment 7667 Attachment 7668 Attachment 7669

here is a video link:

thanks
    Sam.
    Sam,

These look really nice. There is another site i came across a site that has multi aircraft levers for Saitek as well. FLIGHTSIMPM.COM

25+ Posting Member

Thanks for your reply, i had a look at that site, looks good but his handles are made of wood i think and the leavers are smaller than the one i am making. not bad for the price though.

i use Boeing 737 replica handles (full size), the levers are bigger and more handful, i try my best to make them as close as possible to the really throttles.

its still in development, so you never know what i might come up with next with this one!!

my next product will be full Boeing 737 throttles quadrant, real size, come up very soon.

keep in touch.

thakns
    Sam.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Thanks for your reply, i had a look at that site, looks good but his handles are made of wood i think and the leavers are smaller than the one i am making. not bad for the price though.

i use Boeing 737 replica handles (full size), the levers are bigger and more handful, i try my best to make them as close as possible to the really throttles.

its still in development, so you never know what i might come up with next with this one!!

my next product will be full Boeing 737 throttles quadrant, real size, come up very soon.

keep in touch.

thakns
    Sam.

Yes I agree with you. Thats good to hear that you will build the full throttle, what price range should we expect? And also, how difficult would it be for you to make 787 style levers for saitek? I have been looking for a pair.

Looks really awesome...... just hope you don't go the route of flight deck solutions by forgetting about the amateur builders, the prices being way out of range for us.

25+ Posting Member

Hi jsfboat,

thank you for comments, i really don't think i will ever get to flight deck solutions level in production sadly! but i hope one day i do!!

of course prices will never be as hight, this is the point of what i do, i have been there and i know its not cheap project to get in to.

also, you will be pleased to know that i am half way building to sell plug and play full Boeing 737 throttle quadrant, so, keep in touch and keep checking my website.

thanks.
    Sam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast