25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Go Flight and direct USB connections

Hi,
    I am putting together my old but now refurished sim set and remeber that in the past I had some issues with the very good Go Flight range of instruments. To qualify this I would like to say that this is not a rant but an observation which I would like qualified.
    I beleive for instance the Saitek rudder pedals are known only to work best directly plugged into the Machines USB port and not through a hub. I remeber that i was having some issues with the A?Pilot unit dropping the settings when plugged into a ( high output ) hub but seemed much more happy when like the Rudder pedals plugged directly to the machine. This seems als true of the Nav 1/Nav 2 unit which failed to switch across until directly plugged in to the machine as well.
    This you will say points to a lazy hub maybe but I have no knowledge of the hub output and the Go Flght input voltage requirements.
    Has anyone experienced anything like this as well and what advice coould one give me please.

Regards

David

500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Go Flight and direct USB connections

David,

I never had a problem with hubs, but I always plugged them into a powered hub.

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...