Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help for Saitek Cockpit

Hello everyone, Im new to the forum

Im Dan and I live in Whitby, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

I am a private pilots license holder and will soon start my commercial ATPL groundschool and then my practical flying and eventually work towards the multi-engine instrument rating. I have always wanted a home simulator to be used with FSX and if i had the money and talent, I would build a full size 737 sim (anyone want to build one for me)

I have been looking at the Saitek pro flight instrument stuff, so the displays, the switch panel, etc etc, basically this - XTOP Pro Flight Panel with all necessary Saitek modules included - AviationMegastore.com

However I do fancy a few more instruments, say another 3 for a few other functions I have and possibly I wish to incorporate a gps which would have to be done with a small screen mounted behind the dash and therefore I am at the point where i need to build my own.

So i guess what im asking is if any of you have any experience with the said instruments, particularly how these things actually would mount in my mdf frame and if anyone could give me some tips on building the frame itself. Will mostly be flying the learjet within FSX and any other twin engine aircraft. I am aware of programs where you can use lcd screens behind the dash where you can move the instruments around to suit the panels.

Dan

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Help for Saitek Cockpit

Hi Dan

Great to have someone close by!
    Let me know if you need anything, and if information and guidance is what you're looking for i think you're in the best place here!

All the best
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk