Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Holland

Hi everybody,

Another flying dutchman here who has thrown out his dinner table to make room for a 737 cockpit. Yes, i live alone and have no problem eating from a plate on my lap.

Utmost respect for you guys who build just about everything from scratch but i don't feel up to that anymore for quite some reasons, a.o. i have a back problem and i am more or less an electronic illiterate ( although i managed to build a good working HO scale railway many moons ago )

While i would've rather went for a vintage propliner sim like a DC-3, -6 or Connie i choosed the 737NG because of the sheer abundage of 737 replica stuff that is available. Yes, i'm a propliner nut ( can't wait for the PMDG DC-6 to be released! ) but it certainly is not like i hate jetliners.

After many weeks of investigation and consideration ( a.o. Goflight Ultimate Pilot System, Jetmax Captainside only ) i eventually went for Flyengravity 737 MIP, Overhead and Radio Pedestal plus cockpit window frames in conjuction with SimConstruct 737 Cockpit frame and rudder pedals, FSC motorized TQ and ACE 737 Yoke. I also managed to get my dirty hands on two real Weber 737 seats. This all running on two FSX/Prosim737 dedicated computers and, for the time being, 3 x 24" monitors hooked up to a nVidia GF GTX690.

Don't have the OH and Pedestal yet. MIP is not finished yet and i have yet to get the Prosim737 generated PFD/ND and EICAS displays to show up on the DU's. I hope i will still have some hair left once i have finally managed that.

The struggle goes on and of course i hope there might be someone here who is familiar with FlyEngravity/Prosim737 stuff and who might be able to give me a push in the right direction with some of the issue's i am struggling with.

Cheers,
    Jan

300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello from Holland

Welcome fellow cheesehead