75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

iFLY or ProSim software for network PC gauge display?

What software is best for gauges for simpit heavy AC Boeing/airbus?

Before caughing up over $500 on either of these I was wondering what is the difference?

My understanding...

I fly cockpit builders eddition 1 plane one Panel system.
    CANNOT USE WITH OTHER AIRCRAFT. Or can I ...?

ProSim Suite/display.
    System should work with other AC? some limited maybe... can I use the display part of suite and fly some compatible 777 or an Airbus..?

What I'm trying to accomplish is get a program that can run gauges on networked PC and display them on my cockpit monitors.
    Is there out there even software that can accomplis this?
    Aircraft I like to use level-d 767, pmdg737ngx, pmdg777 when it comes out... some a320, 330,340...

big problem is FSX cannot run on more then 4 configured displays I tried everything it just won't, crashes every time..
    so what's everyone's opinion? I know it might not be too realistic flying A320 with b737 looking cockpit, but that's OK I can live with it just need to invent other sets of sioc scripts for other AC to work so far I just use pmdg737.. but with price of prosim going up.. might be a time to consider something
    Thanks
    Andy

2. Dislikes Roarkr disliked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: iFLY or ProSim software for network PC gauge display?

My opinion is you dont spend that kind of money to try and use it with a payware addon that you already know is incompatible.

try aerosoft australias 737 suite, its cheaper and pretty sure it wont work 100 percent either.

75+ Posting Member

iFLY, PMDG, AEROSYSTEMS

Even though aeroSystems is external software to flight sim, it抯 important to think of it as another add-on like iFly or PMDG. It just doesn抰 have the visual model and instead uses flight sim抯 default 737. Having said that it抯 tightly integrated with flight sim. So, use flight sim for the out-the-window scenery and aeroSystems for its avionics and automatic flight controls. And, since it is a separate product to iFly and PMDG, it will not control or interface with them.
    I will give it a try anyways, that's exactly why i asked i never even heard of this..

and i agree with you this is a lot of money to spend to not have it working ok

If some smart mind could only invent program that can access all that is displayed on screen of fsx "gauges" and network it to other PC, i pay few bucks for that for sure regardless of what program "AIRCRAFT" it is PMDG / IFLY or default ..
    program can just access info and display it on another computer... kinda like FSxpand.. really... just i don't think it can access PMDG .. or Ifly...
    ..but thanks for the reply... like i said i never even heard of aerosystems australia
    Andy

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Yeah, theres not much information about ifly out there, but I heard it is compatible with Flight Deck Solution and flyengravity hardware.

25+ Posting Member

Ifly is compatible with most all manufacturers. They were really aggressive in getting their program compatible with all the hardware manufacturers. They have FSUIPC Offsets available for pratically every switch/light/status so as long as you can interface with FSUIPC it should work. Also they have a complete SDK that most manufacturers embraced for native support.

The OP's hopes of using PMDG ala networked gauges will probably not happen anytime soon as I'm sure PMDGs legal team would throw up Eula flags. The cockpit market is something they don't desire to enter as now ontop of software issues now you're going to need a full time hardware staff. I honestly don't see the facination with using the NGX as for me once you remove the VC its all about compatibility which is something PMDG doesn't offer compared to its counterparts.

Prosim, great product, the most aggressive of all the suites as Marty is constantly adding and taking inputs from customers. Extremely flexible suite as he offers panel substitions OH/SIXPACKs/etc you can use if/when you get actual hardware. Also FSx/FS9/ and some XPX compatible.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsirus View Post
    Prosim, great product, the most aggressive of all the suites as Marty is constantly adding and taking inputs from customers. Extremely flexible suite as he offers panel substitions OH/SIXPACKs/etc you can use if/when you get actual hardware. Also FSx/FS9/ and some XPX compatible.
    IFLY
    ok so am i correct to say that ifly737cockbuilders edition works with ifly737 ONLY ?

PROSIM SUITE
    Ok so could I for example use Ifly737aircraft with Prosim suite..?
    or could i use leveld-767 with PROSIM...? or some other 3rd party airbus or Lockheed or whatever even ATR
    (gauges might be different this is irrelevant)

Just from reading about the suite i don't really understand if this is for ONE SPECIFIC AIRCRAFT ONLY or will it work with some other aircraft.

(i really don't care that much that it has to be the pmdg737ngx and you are correct once you take off VC... well... I really dont look at every little detail of outside of the AC if the screw is there or not lol, i just bought it and was hoping to make it work, i mainly care that flight dynamics are as real as it gets )

PS: i do see that with some learing of SIOC i can do A LOT to make pmdg work with my hardware and i have made a lot of my switches lights etc. work with some help of others... but as i see it when i get level-d 767 .. well i have to write totally new SIOC files.. but that's another story..

Andy

25+ Posting Member

Correct, ifly only works with its suite of planes,600 -900 bbjs/ er.

Prosim only works with its jetsteeam model or Iirc pmdgs ng modified, not the ngx, but orignal.

Flight dynamics are what every maker will say their ac is accurate as all have some pilot who swears thats how their planes handle.

The difference with most payware airplanes are that they are not designed to be used in a cockpit suite. Controlling an ac is fairly an easy task, but you need to be able to read the status of an ac and also provide direct changes to an ac and not a cycle or toggle command. PMDG released an sdk,but I read a comment from one hardware dev who said it wasnt complete enough to support say an overhead assembly, but enough to get a mcp/cdu working.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello everyone,

If I might pop into this conversation for a moment. I too am on the fence . I love the flight dynamics of the PMDG NGX. I also enjoy a little eye candy as well. The VC holds no interest for me, actually I always preferred the 2D panels. I do believe the Prosim737 is indeed a great value.

Would I be correct in assuming that with Prosim737 there are no exterior aircraft viewing modes? In comparison to the flight dynamics of the PMDG737NGX , are the two very close?

One last question for anyone using the Areosystems avionics. Will this software work with the NGX?

Thanks

25+ Posting Member

Aerosystems avionics is default AC only. Prosims Jetstream Model has an exterior model, not as purty as the NGX though. Can't say how Prosims Jetstream flight dynamics compare with the NGX, only that their real world pilot says the obligatory "It's a real as it can get" line they all use.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by ohsirus View Post
    Aerosystems avionics is default AC only. Prosims Jetstream Model has an exterior model, not as purty as the NGX though. Can't say how Prosims Jetstream flight dynamics compare with the NGX, only that their real world pilot says the obligatory "It's a real as it can get" line they all use.

Very helpful. Thanks very much.