10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PICs and Link2FS

Greetings Jim from a Brit who appreciates you Kiwis. I know it's not quite an Arduino but I've only just got into programming PIC chips after using them to make lighting mods for my Xbox. It was only when I was looking at the sad state of progress on my ATR72 sim (reason I like Kiwis is that my panels were made by Ruscool in Christchurch) that I realised "Hey, these things could help me on my ATR build".

So I started to look into the feasability of it... THEN I find that FSUIPC refuses to register so that I can't program an interface in VB6. Looked around for many hours for a way around it to no avail. Tried looking for a morphine addled dummies guide (yeah, I used to be a programmer but morphine is worse than booze for killing brain cells it seems) and failed dismally.

THEN I FOUND Link2FS.

I see light at the end of the tunnel. If I'm right, Jim, your little program will let me send and receive com freqs via an MCP2210 (which is in fact a PIC18F14K50 with firmware already flashed in for USB) . So I am hoping I will be able to use it to link my hardware radios to FSX.

So thanks for saving me some time before I even work on this side of my sim.

10+ Posting Member

Re: PICs and Link2FS

I mean to ask Jim, do you send data back to your program by sending the same message back....

For example would you send this to the PC...

d123.800,e127.175,crlf
    d123.900,e127.175,crlf
    d124.000,e127.175,crlf
    d124.100,e127.175,crlf

... if you were turning the radio rotary encoder on the hardware display? Oh and what is to stop the refresh on the PC from overriding the remote hardware setting (I'm going to add a direction arrow to show which line it is on)

Hardware Radio <> PC (bold line are the instance that Link2FS sends a refresh out)

d123.800,e127.175,crlf >
    d123.900,e127.175,crlf >
    d123.800,e127.175,crlf <
    Refresh at the same time as the Radio sending an update
    d124.000,e127.175,crlf >
    d124.100,e127.175,crlf >

Now I suppose I could get the radio to ignore the refresh in this instance to stop an overwrite come to think on it... hmmmmm.

P.S. Could an admin please delete the other thread please... I didn't notice that it was moderated before and went back and hit send again.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: PICs and Link2FS

Yes, I had a play with the earlier Pic's many years ago and in those days were really "leading edge" sort of stuff (I'm showing my age now) but I never carried on with them.

Now the data back and forth with my programs ,,, best thing to do is download one that may do what you want and read the doc's that comes with it and see if it suits.
    At the end of the day ,, it's what you want that matters so my software may or may-not be suitable.

Have fun ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !