Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: To buy the FDS MCP/EFIS and CDU or not

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Thanks Ed, that clarifies it. I have a second hand 737NAV radio on the way, and hopefully the MCP EL and EFIS EL -- I hope I don't regret the EFIS EL -- wanted to go with the PRO, maybe at the later stage.

I've switched over the NGX to use the honeywell so I can get use to it No real difference there.

The only real difference I can see between the PRO and the EL is the cosmetic and solenoid switch -- perhaps the build quality is better, but we will have to see.

I'm still waiting for my Jetmax throttle from FDS. :-/
    I was in the same boat. Would have liked the Pro as well, but on the same line of thought can upgrade later if the need is there. The cost is high to ride the cutting edge. Nice to have gear coming in, the waiting is tough but is also fun to know that flight gear is on the way. I enjoy my EL series so far and to date only have one outstanding function issue and am waiting a reply from cp flight.

Kind of a shame that Prosim is doubling up on the price. I'm not ready for it myself yet. I downloaded it but have yet to really get it working proper to do a good demo..so I think my time will run out before I actually get the demo functioning to the point where I would feel comfortable to make a purchase. I know the word is, "If you think you may need it..buy it now" but $400 is a lot of cash to have tied up for something not used. Just random thoughts. Hope you get your gear soon. It really adds to the illusion of flight.

All the best

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Saw your mounts for your EFIS on your web Ed, is that all custom built?

how is your build coming along?

150+ Forum Groupie

The EL series of the MCP & EFIS is only 699 Euro's not 999. The MCP is 499 and the EFIS is 199.

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by mounty View Post
    The EL series of the MCP & EFIS is only 699 Euro's not 999. The MCP is 499 and the EFIS is 199.

Rob
    Hello Rob,

Indeed you are correct as to the prices in Euros.

However, as I stated in a previous post converted to funds CAD then todays amount would be $909.00 CAD . The Euro is trading at 1.28 this morning and when I was doing my research the Euro was at $1.34 CAD. The shipping costs were another $128.00 CAD. I can assure you, that my receipt for the two devices was around the $1000.00 CAD by the time it arrived at my door.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Saw your mounts for your EFIS on your web Ed, is that all custom built?

how is your build coming along?
    Hi Ben,

On vacation at the moment so tricky to find a internet connection. The mounts are just temporary until I construct an MIP. For the EFIS I used angle brackets from hardware store (x4). The MCP are just several pieces of wood cut at 45 degrees All temporary until I can fit them into an MIP but useful now at the desk.

will add more info when I get back home

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345