content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: To buy the FDS MCP/EFIS and CDU or not

Quote Originally Posted by birdyguy View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking into buying an MCP/EFIS and CDU from Flight Deck Solutions

Ed
    With the CP Flight EL series (MCP and EFIS) and the FDS CDU you cannot go wrong.
    FDS and CP Flight has the very best reputation and outstanding after sales service.

Best,
    Bjorn

Stockholm, Sweden
    Boeing 737NG Simulator Project

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your comments. I think in the end that will be how I go. The El series from CP and the CDU from FDS. Awesome job of your 737 sim.

All the best

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all,

Ordered the 737 MCP EL and EFIS EL from CP Flight today. I'm really leaning towards the OC FMC V3 . It looks good and the price fits my budget.

Ed

150+ Forum Groupie

CP Flight MCP and EFIS arrived at my door today. 6 days from the time I ordered it. I'm very impressed with this company. I ordered my CDU from FDS on the 9th. Should be in early next week. They look beautiful. Haven't had a chance to use them yet as I had to make feet for them as I dont have an MIP yet. Will keep you posted.

until next time,

Ed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

I am also thinking of going this route but wondering if it will all fit together.

Cp flight MCP and EFIS with flyengravity MIP
    FDS CDU with FDS cdu bay.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    I am also thinking of going this route but wondering if it will all fit together.

Cp flight MCP and EFIS with flyengravity MIP
    FDS CDU with FDS cdu bay.
    My guess is that it would all fit together as Fly Engravity and CP Flight are tied closely together. I believe that CP Flight provides equipment for Fly Engravity or visa versa but I would say the two will work well together. Claudio of CP flight seems a super nice guy to deal with. If you email him, you wont have to wait long for a reply, providing it's during his waking hours. I bugged the heck out of him before I made my decision to buy, and he never once showed annoyance with me. Always informative polite answers.

I'd ask him just to be sure though. I love the looks of the gear. I've played with the buttons, like the feel of them as well. Seems to be quite sturdy. Wish I had the money for the pro version, but I think this will do me nicely. The shipping was amazing. Scheduled to arrive late in the day Monday, it arrived today..blew me away when I answered the door (big grin) Christmas again As expensive as they are, I do believe I will be looking at the CP Flight Radios as well. The service makes it all worth while. No stress. I'll post again when I get it set up and running. Still need to make a little foot for the EFIS to sit on.

Any more questions..shoot them along.
    all the best,

Yes the cpflight components will fit well with the flyengravity but what about the fds cdu bay and the flyengravity mip? My issue with the flyengravity mip is that there is no subpanel or stand included.

Have you looked at the cp flight ICS? Everything is plug and play requiring no wiring! If you add up the cost of the masterboard, electrical components and power supply, it more or less equals the cost of the ICS.

150+ Forum Groupie

Sorry, misread your question. FDS makes a bracket for the CP Flight MCP and EFIS so I know that these will fit. Is part of the reason I chose to go CP Flight as I didn't care for the FDS MCP.

It's really hard to say though about the FDS cdu bay fitting the Fly Engravity MIP , I think both structures will be built to specs but being two different companies they may fit or attach things differently. I'm guessing it wouldn't fit so well.

Myself I am probably going to go the JetMax737K route minus the gear I already have. Everything all ready to fly.

All the best

Hi Ed,

Be careful with fitting the CP Flight EFIS to the Jetmax/FDS MIP, there are some stories (and I have some photos) of the EFIS being not to scale -- now that might be the older version, I am not too sure, but I would check with Peter (FDS).

I decided not to go the Jetmax route (although I have a jetmax throttle on order) because I wanted the option to expand to a full MIP later if need be. The Jetmax does not have backlighting like the full MIP or like the flyengravity panels.

It seems the FDS CDU bay may be able to just slide under the Flyengravity MIP if all is to scale.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Hi Ed,

Be careful with fitting the CP Flight EFIS to the Jetmax/FDS MIP, there are some stories (and I have some photos) of the EFIS being not to scale -- now that might be the older version, I am not too sure, but I would check with Peter (FDS).

I decided not to go the Jetmax route (although I have a jetmax throttle on order) because I wanted the option to expand to a full MIP later if need be. The Jetmax does not have backlighting like the full MIP or like the flyengravity panels.

It seems the FDS CDU bay may be able to just slide under the Flyengravity MIP if all is to scale.

Important information. Will email Peter and talk to him about the CP Fit. Would love to see a picture of the bad fit if you have one handy.

I kind of think it wouldn't be too hard to get the FDS cdu pay to fit . I agree, it probably would slide under and it may not be a whole lot of pain to mate it with the Fly MIP. Hard to say though with out being there to size them up. If I had the bay I'd measure it all up for you, but dont have yet.

All the best,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast