75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

gauge software to use for PMDG737NGX in FXS

Hi, I was wondering if there is a software someone can recommend that works good with PMDG737NGX for FSX to run on another computer.
    The gauges/panels in question that i need displayed are the Captains and FO inner outer DU's and maybe EICAS.
    I ran into a problem where FSX will not run when there is more then 4 displays used it just crashes with g2d.dll error
    so i have to use another computer to power these displays and some program that will comunicate with PMDG and display these gauges as they should be.
    ProSim737 sounds nice but will it work, FSXpand... uhm.. idk even if they have these sophisticated DU's available, simavionics is way too expensive $900

so i was thinking maybe the ProSim seems fair price but does it work on network PC with PMDG737NGX..?

any suggestions of other software out there worth a try..?

Thanks
    Andy

25+ Posting Member

Re: gauge software to use for PMDG737NGX in FXS

Hi Andy,

AFAIK it will not work with the NGX or with any other payware, Prosim systems are only compatible with their own flight model called Jeatstream.

my $0.02.

25+ Posting Member

The NGX doesn't work with external gauges. Might be time to look at a cockpit building suite.

75+ Posting Member

Ok, thanks guys..

whats the recommendation on cockpit suite...?

iFLY...? is this thing really north of $500 .. ?!?! that's not exactly pocket change for me LOL

..but I think if i want everything working.. well... might need to grab an extra shift at work

I tried and tried and i cannot get FSX run with more then 4 displays configured.. idk whats wrong and i know i will need extra display to get FMC connected and monitor based overhead..

Andy

10+ Posting Member

Have you considered writing the software for yourself. I keep coming back to Dave Ault's Learjet 45 website. He offers the source code for his gauges which use FSUIPC and can be run on a separate PC. You may need to learn a bit of C programming language - I recommend "Dummies" books on C programming. I got these and have managed to modify Dave's software for my own use.