Thread: Newbie here ...

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Newbie here ...

Just joined since I am starting to build my own 737 cockpit. So far, I have ordered MCP/EFIS from Opencockpits, some stuff from Leo Bodnar and a few panels from Geremy at GLB. I have not build anything yet, but plan a trip to B&Q tomorrow morning to get some MDF to start with the MIP, although it's a bit difficult to be absolutely sure the MIP is the correct dimensions without the panels.

Today, I have started on some custom handles for my saitek trottles, but everything is still in early stages. I have two projectors which I plan to use with a ATI eyefinity card for visuals and maybe later build a curved screen and use software from cursive-simulation which works quite well.

I also plan to use Prosim737 which I have played with already and seems to work quite well. It will be running on a separate PC to drive my Captain and FO PDF/NAV and EICAS displays.

Any tips/advice for a newbie builder will be much appreciated !

Cheers,
    Andre

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Newbie here ...

Hi Andre

Nice to see another 737 builder. Looks like a good start. Ian Sissons' website is definitely a great resource for dimensions and hand crafting parts. Also our very own downloads section here in the Boeing file is also very useful.

Also thanks for your support - your parts are on their way
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

25+ Posting Member

Thanks Geremy ... did you find MIP paint in the end ? How does the B&Q Plasticote grey compare with the panels ?

150+ Forum Groupie

Not sure if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick here but I get my RAL 7011 paint from a car paint shop. They put it in a 400ml spray can for me, it's surprising how far it goes. The price is £7.00 a can (I don't sell it by the way).
    Incidentally I wrote to Plasticote and their grey is RAL 7012. Ok if you use it for all your panels, but most suppliers use 7011.

hope that helps.
    Joe.