75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question is there limit of monitors fsx can control ?

Ok I will try to explain it without over explaining and just confusing &^$# out of people.

I ran 7 monitors on 1 PC on 2 Graphic cards GTX 680 and 670 using 6 out of 8 available inputs on video cards. (1 set of monitors uses y-splitter)
    If you know these cards you know you can actually hook up 8 independent monitors and so can i and it works fine, but not for FSX.
    NO PROBLEM:
    when i use 7 monitors running in FSX they actually appear as 4 monitors (or DISPLAYS as define in fsx.cfg) because
    - 3 of them are in Nvidia Surround so they are actually 1 big monitor and
    - 2 of them are y-cable so again 1 monitor as far as PC or FSX is concern and
    - 2 independent monitors.
    Everything runs good in this set up.

PROBLEM:
    when i add yet another monitor so total of 8 monitors in FSX they appear as 5 monitors (or DISPLAYS as define in fsx.cfg) same as above
    - 3 of them are actually 1 big monitor in NvidiaSurround and
    - 2 are y-splitter cable so only 1 monitor and
    - 3 independent.
    Now however FSX will crash with g2d.dll error.

So i was wondering if anyone here runs something similar and has no problems or what's going on..? Is there some limit to how many monitors FSX can run..?

I will try using a USB monitor maybe this one will be accepted but idk yet..
    If i have no success i might have to try alternate i don't know what would be a good thing i consider FSXpand...
    I would like want whatever i do to work with PMDG737NGX in FSX.

what i use all these monitors for:
    FIRST MONITOR (3monitors)
    3 in surround main view mostly used to display view out of window or spot view or any other view but main purpose is for out of front cockpit window view.
    SECOND MONITOR (2monitors)
    2 other monitors display Captain and FO instrument i used simple splitter y-cable so they are like 1 monitor
    THIRD MONITOR (1monitor)
    1 monitor used for EICAS center MIP
    FOURTH MONITOR (1monitor)
    1 monitor used for overhead/radios.. whatever i might need to see from other gauges/panels

OK SO ALL THE ABOVE WORKS GREAT

But I need at least 1 more for FMC/CDU when i get it this is also a monitor (little one but still a monitor) WHAT DO I DO IF USB MONITOR DOESNT WORK EITHER.. ?

OK, Thanks for any help/suggestions

Andy

75+ Posting Member

Re: is there limit of monitors fsx can control ?

bump

no one with this problem?
    anyone running 5 monitors [displays] in their Fsx.cfg ?
    with nvidia card?

I did some more testing and fsx does not crash in dx10 , but does not set monitors wright hence unusable, in dx9 just crash with g2d.vole

Andy

What about this one: Matrox TripleHead2Go DisplayPort | Multi-Monitors for Laptops - which makes up to three monitors look like one really wide one to windows?

Pavel

75+ Posting Member

hmm yeah it could work but not inexpensive and didn't find any local retailers where i could buy and try.. i worry it could "hijack" my nvidia drivers or make using nvidia surround not available at the same time when the TH2G would be connected,

I tired USB monitor this one just caused the system to loose any and all nvidia settings went back to the store not even surround was possible that is what i mean by hijack the nvidia drivers there seemed to be no setting for nvidia what so ever with it installed.

Andy