Folks,

I have just cleared out my study ready for my 737 based cockpit build. My study is only 2.4m x 2.4m, so projectors are out on cost, space and noise grounds. I have however, managed to collect 5 22" monitors for the external views as well as a variety of others for the cockpit displays. I will be using multiple network computers and, as I set things up, will be testing combinations of FSX, Opus FSX, WideView and also a P3D setup (I have one license and may test the networking capabilities of this by purchasing another monthly license to see how I go)

I'm after some advice on the positioning of the monitors - there is potential that I could add further computers to the setup along with further monitors to create the 180 degree feel. The monitors, physically, are 47.5cm x 30cm (52cm wide with the bezel).

The sort of things bugging me are :
- Do I set up one monitor in the middle with two each side each with a equal angle between them (45 degrees for 5 monitors, 30 degrees if I expand to 7 monitors)
- If so, given that the pilot seats aren't on the center-line, what does this mean for the view angle I set in each screen (i.e. for the 5 screen set up, I would set 45 degrees in as the viewm, though this will be right in front f the captain seat)
- Should I instead put 3 straight side by side and then go 45 degrees and then 90 degrees. If I do this, what view angle do I put in each of the "front" screens - can't be all zero degrees as they would all the the same !

etc. - I'm sure you can see what's buzzing round my head.

Looking forward to any advice etc. and wishing you all the seasons best wishes

Now, where's that turkey gone .....

Thanks,
Rob