Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question FDS-SYS3X OR OC MASTER CARD

Hello
    I am planning to start building a 737 MIP (captain and center side only) at the beginning i was going to purchase OC I/O cards but i stumbled on the FDS-SYS3X System Interface Card i was amazed by how easy programming and wiring it was. so i would like your opinion should i go for the OC I/O cards or should i go for the FDS-SYS3X System Interface Card . also i know that the fds card is pricier but it would make it much easier to get the MIP ready in less time and less hassle.
    THANKS

10+ Posting Member

Re: FDS-SYS3X OR OC MASTER CARD

ANY HELP

75+ Posting Member

I did too see this card from FDA, but.... in my cockpit I use all o/c cards few reasons... 1 price big difference 90€ (35€ is usbexpension card need 1usb card per 4 mastercards) vs 230$ converted what not nearly double the price!
    2 unless I am reading it wrong FDA=36 switches vs. oc=72switches twice as many for half the price, there is few more outputs on fds card though, but even if you buy 2 oc/mc for total of 135€ you get 144 inputs and.. 80+ outputs and you still paid less they also sell some input connector cards for their master card I think for 15€ I just made my own connections, but that would help if you not good in making your own connectors.
    3 when I started I had no idea what the heck sioc is... ?!?! now I have a nearly 100% working 737 cockpit and that is with 737pmdg I have no formal computer programing education yet I learned sioc.. and combine with many scripts all ready written by others and my own resaults are great
    sorry I don't mean to sound like salesman for opencockpits just sharing my experience.
    now if money is an issue you might be better with oc , how handy are you in making these kind of thing you know that best how big/sophisticated cockpit do you want to build? I would need 6 fds cards to run my cockpit apprx 200 inputs that's over $1300 I use 3 masters, 1 USB ex pension and 1;outputs card for total of aprx 200€ giva a take few euros
    so these are few questions you may wanna ask yourself... what cockpit you build (how many switches),, how handy are you with wireing stuff, and how good are you with computers (learning a bit of sioc)
    well I hope it help you in decision making.
    Andy
    PS I see only captain and center panel ... I started with that too then I looked at it and decided ovh as well now I'm thinking... about enclosure and pedestoll...lol but yeah but originally was suppose to be mip only with autopilot lol

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCYXU View Post
    I did too see this card from FDA, but.... in my cockpit I use all o/c cards few reasons... 1 price big difference 90€ (35€ is usbexpension card need 1usb card per 4 mastercards) vs 230$ converted what not nearly double the price!
    2 unless I am reading it wrong FDA=36 switches vs. oc=72switches twice as many for half the price, there is few more outputs on fds card though, but even if you buy 2 oc/mc for total of 135€ you get 144 inputs and.. 80+ outputs and you still paid less they also sell some input connector cards for their master card I think for 15€ I just made my own connections, but that would help if you not good in making your own connectors.
    3 when I started I had no idea what the heck sioc is... ?!?! now I have a nearly 100% working 737 cockpit and that is with 737pmdg I have no formal computer programing education yet I learned sioc.. and combine with many scripts all ready written by others and my own resaults are great
    sorry I don't mean to sound like salesman for opencockpits just sharing my experience.
    now if money is an issue you might be better with oc , how handy are you in making these kind of thing you know that best how big/sophisticated cockpit do you want to build? I would need 6 fds cards to run my cockpit apprx 200 inputs that's over $1300 I use 3 masters, 1 USB ex pension and 1;outputs card for total of aprx 200€ giva a take few euros
    so these are few questions you may wanna ask yourself... what cockpit you build (how many switches),, how handy are you with wireing stuff, and how good are you with computers (learning a bit of sioc)
    well I hope it help you in decision making.
    Andy
    PS I see only captain and center panel ... I started with that too then I looked at it and decided ovh as well now I'm thinking... about enclosure and pedestoll...lol but yeah but originally was suppose to be mip only with autopilot lol
    i guess youre right maybe at the beginning of my project my goal will be to make a mip but maybe after a couple of years ill add a ovhd . so i think you have a good point also i am reading many sites on how to program in sioc and i think that ill get the hang of it. in terms of wiring i still have no idea how to wire . ive read many sites and it says "ONCE YOU WIRE FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU WILL GET THE HANG OF IT" But still it doesnt actually show you how to wire.
    thanks for the help anyway

75+ Posting Member

does this help you...?

Attachment 7850

there are 4 groups per each connector in master card each group can have up to MAX 9 switches (inputs) per group;

GREY is common for one group goes to all the 9 switches and RED goes to the other end of switch;

as you can see in example in one group i connected 4 switches in the other 3 switches

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCYXU View Post
    does this help you...?

Attachment 7850

there are 4 groups per each connector in master card each group can have up to MAX 9 switches (inputs) per group;

GREY is common for one group goes to all the 9 switches and RED goes to the other end of switch;

as you can see in example in one group i connected 4 switches in the other 3 switches
    it says Invalid Attachment specified

75+ Posting Member

FSX Home Cockpit: mastercard

try in there darn pictures are sideways though might need to rotate them lol

500+ This must be a daytime job

With respect, that is the hard way, though it does show the wiring relationship

You are best advised to use ribbon cable connectors to link the Mastercard to "break out" I/O cards as supplied by OC - see this link

IOcards of Opencockpits

It is then a simple matter to connect the wiring using screw terminals. There are tutorials around to show how to wire up input/outputs into these I/O card connectors. If I can find the link, I will post it, else I am sure someone else will know

David

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fordgt40 View Post
    With respect, that is the hard way, though it does show the wiring relationship

You are best advised to use ribbon cable connectors to link the Mastercard to "break out" I/O cards as supplied by OC - see this link

IOcards of Opencockpits

It is then a simple matter to connect the wiring using screw terminals. There are tutorials around to show how to wire up input/outputs into these I/O card connectors. If I can find the link, I will post it, else I am sure someone else will know

David
    so you pretty much mean its better to use this Conexion entradas for the inputs and this Conexion salidas for the outputs and hook both of them to the master card

500+ This must be a daytime job

Without doubt!

Here is an example

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast