Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Red face Yet another 737 project

My favorite will always be 767-300ER, I flown this one the most of time... as a passanger lol... my second favorite would have to L1011 never will forget landing in that one... yup as a passanger... but i recall that what seemed to be 90 deg turn on final that pilot performed i saw the runway clearly from a side window near the front of the aircraft... i was like 'what the heck' '...really...' no way !!! well he lended and he did it the other two times i got a chance to fly on this aircraft to the same airport. Amazing wide body jet! I tried it in my FS98 and was able to do it too. amazing..
    Anyhow... I decided to go with the 737 as there seemed to be the highest asortment of bits and pieces for this one that i would not dare try to make by myself.. sometimes there is no alternative to a nice profecionally manufactured piece. so here it is.. my yet another version of 737 home build cockpit.

on these pictures my center monitor was broken... idk what happened i just hit the monitor frame several times with a hamer to flatten some edges as the monitor did not fit quite well and i needed to have room for the landing gear... i guess monitor+hamer = new monitor ... ROFLMAO

Monitor has since been replaced with another the all work fine... and there has been a lot more progress sine these pictures were made will update 'brag' with newer pictures later on..

I started the project in October in only took me with a lot of help from my friend who is very good with saw 4 weekends to bring it to useable state as you can see in the last picture.
    I have since added few more things and now there is all the fun little work left of getting it fitted with all the buttons/knobs/switches... etc... all the fun stuff ... oh yes and make them work too...

On technical side of things the sim runs on a single computer i7-2700 oc to 4.9GHz with gtx680 powering the 3 top monitors in nvidia surround mode and and captain instruments and gtx670 powers the other 2 monitors for center and first officer instruments. Video card are not overclocked.
    Only pmdg737ngx is used with fsx, no other software.. well aside from some fsx addons like rex/utx/mytrafic etc... i will be adding a second computer older p4 system to run addons that cannot work in full screen mode such as fscommander for example.
    All modules panels are from Opencockpit for now i plan on getting TQ from JetMax for the center piece.
    I would like to thank all who help and all the great minds who programed and configured Sioc files to make this possible! I guess i will eventually need to improve my sioc knowledge to make it all work lol
    You guys are great THANKS A MILLION !

Andy

here is a little video i made as well

Attached Images Attached Images

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Yet another 737 project

Hi Andy

Thats looking good
    I think the NGX is brilliant and seems pretty good for the cockpit builder
    I'm really happy with how my project, like yours a single computer system is progressing

a couple of questions for you, just trying to help
    you've proberly solved these already but

I've modified my panel cfg and created a ISFD for one of my standby gauges have you thought about what you will do for your standby gauges ?

also how do you get your displays to appear where you want them ?
    do you have to drag them into position each time or have you solved this issue ?
    I've got a fix for this its not perfect but a lot quicker than dragging gauges

I've noticed that sioc is relatively new to the NGX but I've got a script for the open cockpits CDU if you need one

if you need any help with anything I'm not an expert but i might be able to help with somethings as I've properly recently had the same problems

one other important thing don't assign a parking break switch through FSUIPC or you gauges will all go black and the ngx will keep crashing on initialisation, I know it sounds weird but i did it and it caused loads of problems until i figured it out its even quoted not to do it in the ngx manual

75+ Posting Member

hi, paul
    that is sure a lot of useful info you got, dont mind if i go.... yes, yes i want .
    1. i have not figure out how to get the stand-by gauges out, so i could sure use what you have done to get them out and place them where they belong on the panel.
    2. to place the gauges where they belong w/o dragging them i use a program called panel-restore, same as you its not perfect way but after initial set up that may take 5-10 min max! it is a breez take seconds to put them where they belong after wards. i made a short video of how it works on youtube if you interested just type andycyxu that should get you there unless your way is the same then you know exactly what i'm talking about. if your way is different i would like to hear from you it just might be better then mine and i could implement it in my set up.
    3. i do not own the CDU yet but its on my 'to get list' , so again i'm very interested in the script you have that makes it work with pmdg and also tell me which cdu you have is it made by opencockpit or by whom.. it might b good idea if i got the same one to make sure it works perfect. Does yours let you do everything just as if you were to use regular window within pmdg 737? if so then again i'm very interested as well as your CDU manufacturer so i'd get the same.
    4. parking brake i just use ctrl+. i will be using TQ from jetmax talk to Peter over there he says they will have same next year so i put me on a waiting list . will then see how the config with parking brake will work.
    you can PM me or email me the info when you have time i will appriciate that.
    my email is simple userid for me as you see on here @ gmail . com (no spaces all lower case)
    Thanks
    Andy

75+ Posting Member

Added 2 Six Packs for FO and Captain working well with PMDG and also Back light to flaps panel and hooked up some annunciators.
    Still need to configure the switches on Auto-break/flaps panel.. have some time playing with SIOC...

The annunciators look kinda bright and ugly on the pictures, but they are actually very nice.
    and the front view with six packs .. in test mode all ON
    Attached Images Attached Images

75+ Posting Member

Hey Andy,

What method are using you get rid of the cockpit? Just using 2D mode without the panel?

75+ Posting Member

Yes, besically open 2d cockpit view then right click on 2d panel itself choose close.
    there is an issue with flickering mouse pointer when you do that in which case you loose a lot of performance, but somehow idk how i managed to fix it and it works very well no weird flicker mouse it has to do with nvidia surround and editing panel.cfg... but i cant really explain and maybe you wont even have this problem.
    This video shows how i do it near the end of the video.
    Edited: oops nvm it doesnt show that, its just similar to what you use as i watched on your blog. but anyways yes 2d panel, just dont use W to maximize window it will mess it up with the crazy mouse coursor.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Looking good Andy !

75+ Posting Member

Here are some more pictures if anyone is interested I will try to also post some SIOC scripts I have got with the help of other users, all mainly meant for PMDG 737 NGX and Opencockpits Hardware.

FSX Home Cockpit: The Cockpit Progress

Andy

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

I've not seen this thread, but it was certainly an interesting read through. thanks guys...
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

75+ Posting Member

Added the ENG and SYS buttons

It will mount here, 2 big holes on the bottom is where the screws seen on next picture will hold it in place.

Now just choosing the correct holes where the pins of the switches have to go so they are center for the buttons The 2 screws you see below will hold it in place as explained above

Now I just solder the pins to wires there are only 2 inputs and they share negative so that's enough wires

Also I cut the board no need for it to be so big it will just block back-light and will be in the way of other switches and stuff

and that's it, ENG and SYS buttons fit from the back so they wont fall out and i didn't even need to glue them to the OMRON switches
    The switches in the back are in perfect position and hold the buttons from the back so they won't fall in either.

Too bad I didn't think before I could have made the INOP buttons do something "SECRET" well just make them do something like open door or whatever not realistic but hey.. oh well it can be added later on i didn't have anymore of the switches I only ordered 2.

Starting to look pretty tight inside there but the only thing that's missing is the MON-OFF-MON switch for the fuel reset.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast