25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Difference between FDS landing lever and Opencockpit

Hi guys,

In the market for a landing gear lever for my 737NG build and I love the FDS products but I'm wondering why there is such a huge price difference between the Opencockpits model and the FDS one. I don't mind paying the extra for the FDS stuff because of the quality but the landing gear lever mechanism is quite simple so I'm wondering why there is such a huge difference between the 2 since they are almost exactly the same.

If someone could fill me in I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Chris
    Chris Verner
    Project Boeing 737NG

75+ Posting Member

Re: Difference between FDS landing lever and Opencockpit

When you add shipping from Spain to Canada and the exchange rate from euro to Canadian dollar wont be that much more expensive.
    Don't get me wrong I buy all my stuff from OpenCockpits and like their product very much.
    I do not think there is any quality difference really..
    I wish i could just buy the actual lever i make the rest myself.. it's pretty simple design... very overpriced.. but that's the custom work cost for ya... making it look like the real thing.

May I suggest GLB Flight Products they have a nice landing gear with all the stuff already on it LEDS/Plate etc... for only 139 British Pounds (about $225 Canadian) I think it is already to connect to some kind of IOCard they also have USB gear but not interested in that one..
    My only problem i cant buy nothing from GLB their PayPal doesn't work.. just keeps on saying UNAVAILABLE idk wired site...
    but its pretty well spoken of on these forums here... so idk if you happen to like their Landing Gear and have luck buying from them should you decide to buy from GLB let me know if you were able to.. they don't specify what shipping either its not expensive but no ETA nothing...? don't wanna wait for 2 months after buying if they ship it on boat
    Andy

25+ Posting Member

Thanks. I'll go Check ont GLB.

Thanks again
    Chris
    Chris Verner
    Project Boeing 737NG

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Hi Andy

Let me jump in here. Firstly thanks for recommending us. Secondly, we are looking into the paypal issue. However we have found that using the yellow button at checkout: ''Checkout with Paypal'' you can place your order and pay as normal. You should also be able to see the shipping costs for your area too.

Regarding production times, as you can imagine different times of the year bring varying levels of demand and therefore lead times can vary. For example in the run up to Christmas is always a busy time however we are extremely pleased to say that both our standing landing gear mechanism and our plug and play landing gear modules are available in stock and can be sent out immediately next day.

I hope that answers your questions, if you wish to speak to us about anything else please feel free to contact me personally here or through our website. The same goes for you Chris.

Have a very Happy Christmas and New Year.
    Best Regards
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk