Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Some issues with my C172 build...

Tutorial on how to make your own gauges in the download section. I started to make my own but got side tracked with the mechanical part of the sim panel. Jake.

Work and Such got the best of me today so I never got into the garage to measure the floor drop or to the storage unit to get the seat dimensions. I'll try again tomorrow though. It's past 1am here now and I need some sleep. 6am is coming fast...
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

E,

I got the dimensions off the high back pilots seat, The seat base has a fixed cant to it so that the cushion height is 15" off the deck at the front and 11" off the deck at the back. The cushion is 18" wide by 17" deep and the seat back is 22" high.

There's a fair amount of adjustment in seat position from front to back. If you are doing a two seat setup the seats are 20.75" from center of pilots seat to center of copilots seat.

The flat portion of the deck extends 11.25" forward of the seat rail front and then the deck angles down 14 degrees and extends another 12". The base of the rudder pedals is 5.5" above the forward point of the deck. Actually due to the angle they are at the base of the pedals is actually 1 inch back (closer to your feet) from the forward most point of the deck.

If you want I can also get you the position of the yoke and instrument panel in relation to the deck and seat. Let me know.

Tom G.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

Hey, Tom!

Thanks a million for your measurements! They will come in very handy. Oh by the way, guess what? I will be riding with my department's Aviation Unit this evening!! That means I will be able to take my measuring tape with me and take all measurements I need. hahaha I will have a blast! Our Aviation Unit has some 172s and a 182 I think with the G1000 installed. I was told to be there at 6pm, so you know I will be there at 4pm! hahahaha
    Regards,

Efrain "E" Ruiz (HondaCop)
    LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org

150+ Forum Groupie Cessna172sim's Avatar

Here's a good source for C172 dimensions:
    Random Images of Simulator Building

6. Thanks HondaCop thanked for this post