MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Using 2 Matrox Triple heads to go!

Hi Guys,

Planning on buying a new system that will Use 2 Nvidia Cards and want to add a Matrox Triplehead to go to each of the cards to Run 6 monitors from 1 Computer... Is this possible?? Any advices?

Regards

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

Re: Using 2 Matrox Triple heads to go!

Roberto if this is a complety new system and you have a good budget, you would be better off buying two higher end NVidia cards that support 3 monitors each natively.
    I use a triple head to go so I find it is great for scenery in wide view mode, however it makes more sense to use the native triple monitor support on a card designed for that purpose. It is only recently that Nvidia started supporting dual cards running 3 monitors each so it is definately worth a look.

Alex B

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response the thing is I already got the Matrox Triple heads and kinda didn't want to add more into the Budget but might take a look at that option!! But you have any idea if the 2 Matrox Tripleheads will work in this way?

75+ Posting Member

As long as the two TH2G units are identical you can use two on one PC. If they are the Digital or DisplayPort models you can do a triple+triple setup.

Matrox has a page about it here:

Connect multiple DualHead2Go or TripleHead2Go Graphics eXpansion Modules - Graphics eXpansion Module

As a side note, I recently replaced my GTX560 w/TH2G setup with a GTX680 and love it. It's much more stable than the TH2G was, doesn't stretch the boot and bios screens and the bezel correction is much better (you don't lose any screen at all).

10+ Posting Member

Just to let you know with dual cards you can run one THTG on each card and they do not need to be the same model.
    I have had a setup with a Dual Head to go VGA model and a Triple Head to Go Digital on two separate NVidia cards running at the same time.
    The only issue is bezel correction is only available on the Triple Head to go unit.

Hence my decision to upgrade my video cards to allow 3 monitors on each to allow scenery on one card and some Add on Apps on the other.
    I have networked some Raspberry PI's to drive my flight displays and am using the open source linux based gauges availabelfrom various sites to drive them.

I am also about to embark on the path to Prepar3D as the simulator to drive my training cockpit so it will be interesting to check the difference given it is still being developed and can use the majority of add-ons for FSX..

Alex B

This is great!! Thanks for the Info! Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by asboyd View Post
    Just to let you know with dual cards you can run one THTG on each card and they do not need to be the same model.
    I have had a setup with a Dual Head to go VGA model and a Triple Head to Go Digital on two separate NVidia cards running at the same time.
    The only issue is bezel correction is only available on the Triple Head to go unit.

Hence my decision to upgrade my video cards to allow 3 monitors on each to allow scenery on one card and some Add on Apps on the other.
    I have networked some Raspberry PI's to drive my flight displays and am using the open source linux based gauges availabelfrom various sites to drive them.

I am also about to embark on the path to Prepar3D as the simulator to drive my training cockpit so it will be interesting to check the difference given it is still being developed and can use the majority of add-ons for FSX..

Alex B
    Hi Alex,
    I realise this was a very old post but I'm relatively new to the SIM Cockpit construction and noticed your comment on networking Raspberry PI's to drive your flight displays. Do you have any details on how you did this and the SW you used ? Would appreciate any adivice you have on this as I'm a huge fan of the Rasp PI and am always looking for new projects for the htese fantastic little PC's.

Thanks in advance,
    Fraser