75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Can a Phidgets Servo card be used to drive a Pololu jrk 12v12 card?

Hi,

I'm trying to drive a 12v windshield wiper motor connected to a throttle lever in a Boeing 737 simulator. I want to use the Pololu jrk 12v12 card because it turns the power off when it is not changing the position of the motor.

I got the idea to use a Phidgets AdvancedServoMotors 8 card (part number 1061) to drive the jrk card from another simulator builder who has successfully done this. The problem is, I'm having trouble duplicating his setup. His cards are buried deep in his simulator and he's trying to tell me how to wire it from memory.

I've attached a crude schematic of how I think this should work. I actually have two sliding pots ganged together attached to the throttle lever, one which goes directly to Microsoft FSX via a Phidgets 8/8/8 interface card, and another which attaches to the feedback port on the jrk card. On the Phidgets AdvancedServoMotors 8 card, I'm just using one channel and have it hooked up to the RX port on the jrk card. Appropriate power supplies are connected to all three cards.

I have successfully soldered the pins onto the jrk card, as evidenced by the fact that I can use the jrk configuration utility to detect motor direction. So I know the feedback as well as the power connections are working.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether this should work or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Follow my progress at www.fly737ng.com