Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cockpitsonic EHID + Prosim737 WARNNG

Are you thinking of building a 737 cockpit with the use of Cockpitsonic hardware? Think twice about what to buy.
    At the time being, Prosim737 is by far the best choice for system simulation, but still Cockpitsoinc/Mathias will not support this software with their EHID interface.
    If you plan to use PM on the other hand, all electronics work just great and is borderline genius in the matter of simplicity and functionality, but who choose PM over Prosim737 these days?

The Prosim737 team have managed to work out some functionality for many panels, but coding is done in blind as I understand and they cannot support everything as Cockpitsonic refuse to help out with the data needed to make panels work 100%.
    I have asked over and over again for support of many features regarding MIP, clocks, overhead, gauges, backlighting, glareshield warnings, TQ and I know that this is surely not the Prosim737 teams fault that the still after two years cannot give me the functionality I ask for.
    The radios, AFDS, rudderpanel and most of the fire panel work work though.
    This is solely the lack of interest and repeatedly negligation from Mathias at Cockpitsonic regarding supporting Prosim737 with the needed data. It must be, as I've been kept on hold waiting for news that never come.
    I feel sorry for the Prosim737 team for all my nagging the past two years, and now they really cannot give me much hope of having my panels supported any more. I am truly sorry.

I cannot understand that Cockpitsonic let this opportunity of supporting the for the time being market leading cockpitsoftware for the 737NG slip away. The only reason I can come up with, is that there is some kind of agreement between Cockpitsonic and PM that CS have their hands locked regarding supporting other 737 softwares than PM. In my opinion their hands are then locked to a sinking ship, but thats another matter.
    Using PM and CSs B737 driver gives 100% functionality, so I know it's just a matter of giving the data needed to the developers.

I'm just pissed that I sit with thousands of euros worth of hardware that have no way of communicating flawlessly with my favorite system software, and with no hope of having it supported in any near future due to the lack of support from Cockpitsonic to the developers of PS737.
    I'm not speaking anyones case beside my own and I know a few of you will get really pissed for this post. Well, I'm quite pissed my self.

I'm tired of asking and hoping and want to warn all other builders from choosing Cockpitsonic if you plan to use Prosim737.

Mathias own his business and can do what he want. The fact that he doesn't want to do what I have hoped for the last few years I cannot do much about. Hope cockpitsonic turn around and work things out, but I've had it with them and lost all believe and respect for the company.

So to all of you old and new builders thinking about going the cockpitsonic path regarding hardware, make sure you also stick to PM. Else there is no guarantied success.

25+ Posting Member

Re: Cockpitsonic EHID + Prosim737 WARNNG

Hi Nax228 I Have the same problem! I think the MIP cockpitsonic is very bad hardware! I can't to use it with FSX! Also the TQ I had to change the IO interface cockpitsonic with new IO opencockpit ! I will to buy the MIP737 board of cpflight for to change the IO interface of my MIP cockpitsonic!
    Please for all to not buy cockpitsonic products! All products is very bad!
    regards
    Giosuč

Re: Cockpitsonic EHID + Prosim737 = FAIL

well, I do not think that the products are bad. THe interface is genious and simple AS LONG AS THERE IS SUPPORT.
    Using their MIP just to FSX you should be able to see some annunciators working + gear.
    Giosue, you should seriously think of buying the Jetstream and prosim if you want to take advantage of your MIP. TQ is also fully supported by Prosim.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Nax228, your MIP running with FSX and prosim? If yes.... Please can I have your file cockpit.ini?
    Thanks
    Giosuč

No. I run Prosim737 using EHID.
    To have function in FSX, you use the b737 driver that you download from cockpitsonic.de.
    You will also be able to get the flap gauge functioning with only FSX.