25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

pushback switch for fsx any ideas?

Hi guys how do you get pushback to start once in the cockpit? okay i know about shift and p on the keyboard,trouble is keyboard is outside the cockpit so is there away of connecting a switch to an interface card to do the job? I'm using Pokeys 56usb boards, hoping to do something with it this weekend so any ideas appreciated.
    thanks.

75+ Posting Member

Re: pushback switch for fsx any ideas?

Just assign an input switch to the Shift+P keystroke.

If you are using FSUIPC the "Toggle Pushback" function is available there to assign to a button. For my sim I will be installing a handful buttons that are made to look like circuit breakers. One of the functions I plan to operate with them is pushback.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

25+ Posting Member

thanks for the replies, i had a friend do most of the setting up but i need to learn myself pokeys cards are easy to assign im not sure about fsuipc although i do have a licensed version installed so if someone could take me through it step by step that would be great,so i open up and run fsx then open fsuipc where do i go from there? cheers.

FSUIPC should be able to read any convention joystick controller button, or the button on any add on panel that mimics a joystick controller so as long as you have a switch available via such a device it is very easy.

As you said, launch FSX, then open FSUIPC from the Add On menu.

Next:

1. Go to to the Buttons + Switches tab in FSUIPC.
    2. Toggle the switch you want to have trigger your pushback function.
      • If FSUIPC can see it it will be indicated by a joystick number or letter in the Press box and a button number in the button box.

3. Place a check in the box to the right that is titled "Select for FS Control" that will enable the control sent drop down menus below that
    4. in the pressed drop down menu select "toggle pushback" function.
    5. Now, if you are using a momentary switch that should be all that is needed. To activate or deactivate pushback press that button and it will toggle on and off.
    6. If, however you are using a standard toggle switch then it might make it easier to also go to the released drop down menu and select "Toggle Pushback" there as well. That way when you flip the switch on the pushback will begin, when you flip it off the pushback will end.

I hope that helps! Best thing you can do to go further is read the user guide for FSUIPC. That and ask lots of questions here and on the FSUIPC support forum over at simflight.com. The basic functions in FSUIPC are real easy to use and can do quite a bit, and if you choose to go further it is very powerful.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

25+ Posting Member

thankyou very much will have ago this weekend,norman.

150+ Forum Groupie

How about a much more fun solution use FS2CREW or similar voicee control of your cockpit then just ask the ground crew for pushback including angled pushback? Also gives a greater operating experience with all the voices. I use it with LevelD767 great fun!

regards
    geoff

Quote Originally Posted by jonesthesoftware View Post
    How about a much more fun solution use FS2CREW or similar voicee control of your cockpit then just ask the ground crew for pushback including angled pushback? Also gives a greater operating experience with all the voices. I use it with LevelD767 great fun!

regards
    geoff
    I had looked at FS2Crew a while back but it doesn't support anything I fly. I don't fly many commercial aircraft. Actually, the largest I get is a regional twin turbo. However, I still find a push back function very handy when I am parked in a dead end GA space or when flying the twin turbos and at a small gate that's got me nose in up against a building.

Stinger's post doesn't specify for certain, but it does seem to imply that he's flying a larger aircraft where push back is commonly needed so, as you say, maybe FS2Crew is a better answer for him.

As for me, I'll have to wait until they come out with FS2RampGuy or FS2BuddyInTheRightSeat