Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

So the journey begins.. From the UK (Northampton)

Hey all,

Found MyCockpit today after listening to FS Break POD cast (FSBreak 44: MyCockpit.org, and NC Nights Burger Flight - FSBreak Podcast - FSBreak - The Flight Simulator Podcast) and have just spend the best part of the afternoon and evening glued to my PC....

A quick bio..

I have been flying flight simulators since MSFS 3.0 and have completed my PPL in 1997. As flying has become more costly with time, and the addition of a Girlfriend, 1 child (and another on the way) flying has taken a back seat with my PPL being lapsed and no real plan to renew in the near future..

I have been toying with the idea to build my own home pit for some time now, but until recently did not have the space to even consider this a project. After visiting FSCweston Welcome. earlier this year and meeting Mark from UFLY 737 http://www.ufly737.com The idea to move forward started... So here I am at proof of concept stage...

I will most likely be a "silent" member for some time as I plan out my initial build and start getting around all the different possibilities in building my simulator....

I would love to hear from any UK builders on the forum that I could network with.. if anybody knows of any UK Simming groups / get together`s planned please let me know. Would be great to meet as many people busy with their simulators, or finished..

I will say goodbye for now and look forward to my time with MyCockpit and starting on my build

Kind Regards

Leon
    At proof of concept stage in building a 737NG

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: So the journey begins.. From the UK (Northampton)

Leon, Welcome to the forum, there used to be a lot of UK builder meets but not so much now, however are are just in time for the biggest flight simulator meeting in the world (FSWeekend) which is taking place at Lelystad, Netherlands this weekend.

There you would have the opportunity to meet everyone on your celeb cockpit builders wishlist!

All the best
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Thanks Geremy,

Unfortunately I will not be able to make FSWeekend in the Netherlands but will make a point to go over next year... It should fit in nicely with my plans as I have given myself 12 months to research my build completely and draw up a plan of action what I want to achieve..

Looking round it appears that if I had endless ££ the build would be simple... just buy everything.. Unfortunately that is not going to happen, so I will have to look at alternate routes and network with as many builders as I can to identify the most cost effective route possible.. FS Weekend will be on my list of place to go look for vendors and builders... but will have to wait until 2013

I have found a simming group in Northamptonshire and will be joining their meeting on the 10th of November so looking forward to meeting fellow simming enthusiasts and talking about some of their builds..

Anyway, thanks for your post and hope to chat soon.

Rgds

Leon

25+ Posting Member

Hi Leon

Welcome to the greatest hobby of them all!!

Im in the U.K. - Telford, Shropshire.

Lee

Hi Lee,

I absolutely agree with you.... Nothing better

Cant wait to start building my own cockpit!!

Rgds

Leon