10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Wink Brisbane Sim builders

Hello everybody,

Not a newby but an occasional subscriber (more to my loss).

I'm posting here to see if there are other builders in the Brisbane, Australia locality.

I'm a retired veteran with a huge workshop and a fanatical sim builder. I've already sold a Cessna sim to a friend who has it set up at Archerfield airport for training. I work with Westozy assisting in manufacturing his rudder pedals but I also make parts for friends and clients.

I'm interested in getting in contact with like minded people around Brisbane with a view to helping them with there builds and also to bolster and encourage others in what is a fantastic past time.

As I know from first hand how hard it is to get things done and how much it costs, I'd be happy to assists in overcoming this hurdle.

Please contact me if you're interested.

Best to all.

Gordon
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks OmniAtlas thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Brisbane Sim builders

Hi Gordon,

I'm in Toowoomba right now but will be back to Brisbane next year. I will be starting my cockpit build shortly and meet ups would be a great idea - I will be looking forward to learning from great minds. I'll be building a 737 and will be starting with the CPFlight MPS + EFIS, then probably a Throttle + Comms/Pedestal. After that I will probably make my FDS MIP purchase. This will be a 2-5 year build plan.

I have no experience with wiring, or using any of the input/output boards available (planning to go with the SYS) -- but I hope that my end result will be professional. There really is no 'how-to-guide' on how to properly wire these things is there?

Do you have a mailing list setup?

Ben

10+ Posting Member

G'day Ben,
    Not a mailing list as such but I'm on Facebook and that will be the best way to make contact (privacy and all that). My background is 23 years in the Army as an electronics technician so I'll be able to offer a lot of advice on wiring. As to boards for connecting various items, I have to recommend FDS boards. Easy to setup and almost idiot proof or I wouldn't be using them. Catch up with you on Facebook when you get to Brisbane if not before. Cheers, Gordon Turner, Brisbane

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Gordon, I tried to add you on Facebook -- did I get the right Gordon Turner?

Long time listener, first time caller from Sydney.

Been temped to build my own cockpit for a while but I been busy getting parts and little projects

Built me a usb keys circuit (own artwork with smd parts) I had to wait a month for the programmer to arrive in the mail
    Attachment 7084

Just wiring it up to a OC fmc now
    As for other projects that are in the works is converting my zentoolworks cnc into 3d printer (well so I can change the heads) and a c02 laser cnc (still getting parts)