Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

triplehead2go hardware issue?? Please Help...

Hi, I am brand new to this forum and the world of Flight Simulation, (about 2 weeks) and I am absolutely hooked! I have already decided to use the kids food money to build an awesome home cockpit! (Well, maybe just their snack money )
    I am using a bit of an older computer, 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33 (4 CPUs) 4gig Ram, Windows 7 64bit, GForce 550 ti. I know it is not going to give me awesome results but it works for now. I will rebuild the computer eventually. My
    My problem now is my second hand Matrox Triplehead2go (Digital Edition). I installed it and the graphics were really distorted and hard to do anything. Before I installed the hardware, I downloaded the latest firmware and software to my desktop. After installing the hardware, I was barely able to locate the firmware on my desktop with the amount of distortion, however i did manage to run the firmware and that is where things go worse! Now I am getting a slight signal on just one monitor and I can barely explain it. It is just some signal that I see changing but it is mostly a black screen with a couple inches of something... I almost think it is a hardware issue but have no way of knowing. I tried unplugging it, restarting, and I can't get anything to show up on the screen other then the little mess i see.
    Can it be the firmware? Can I uninstall it? (can't even get a readable signal on the monitor to do anything).
    I bought the hardware used yesterday and I think I might be in trouble.
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks for taking the time to read.
    Joseph

300+ Forum Addict

Re: triplehead2go hardware issue?? Please Help...

Do you have the USB cable hooked up to the TH2Go and your computer? Does the light turn green once you start your computer? Check to make sure that is done. However, disconnect it entirely to make sure your monitor(s) work normally with the PC first, and then hook up the TH2GO and making sure the USB is plugged in and the green light comes on...

Once the light is on, the monitors should work in a default mode, and then you have to adjust the resolutions via the TH2GO software. Do you have the instructions for the TH2GO? If not download them from the Matrox website...

BSD

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the reply BSD. Everything is connected including the USB and a I have a green light. I checked the Monitors separately and they all work fine. When I first plugged in the TH2Go the first time, it was distorted and had major resolution issues. I was able to locate the firmware update I downloaded onto my desktop and when I ran the file, it almost seemed like the card just couldn't handle it and quit on me. I can't do anything with it now. Any suggestions?
    Thanks again for your help.
    Joseph

Hi,
    Can you try the hardware on another computer, just to rule out a faulty piece of hardware as the problem?
    Allan.

10+ Posting Member

Same results on another machine.
    Back on my main computer, I just plugged in the USB cord, and left a monitor on my Graphics card. I then reinstalled the firmware. I plugged the monitor back into the TH2g and it is no longer mostly a black screen, but it still is unusable. You can not make out anything on the monitor. Maybe I should try a later version of firmware, but I don't know why that would help.
    I am pretty stumped at this point.

300+ Forum Addict

I had this problem many moons ago, and I believe your firmware is not right as you say, did you install firmware that works with Win7? Make sure you have the right one, but first do this: disconnect th2go and power up your pc, and then goto displays and set a low resolution to something like 1024x768. Make sure it looks right on the monitor.

Next reconnect the th2go and see what happens. I think your input resolution from your graphics card is set wrong to match the th2go resolution settings. Also, did you install the powerdesktop and the matrox programs on the pc already? If not, do that before anything else...

BSD

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Joseph, glad to see someone else also spending their kids inheritance on this hobby. I'm spending my sons University fees Welcome to the forum too.

I had this very same issue only a few months ago after purchasing a second hand TH2GO digital off an ebay shop site. They were reputable (according to their rating) but mine did exactly what you are describing. Tried it on several computers and no go. I ended up sending it back through their RMA policy but they got back to me saying their technicians had it working fine so only refunded the cost of the unit, not the shipping. A $50 lesson for me! I since purchased another unit from a fellow cockpit builder in the US and it works absolutely great first time out of the box. I can only conclude the hardware was indeed faulty or at least incompatible with something in my system.

May not relate to your issue but sure sounds familiar.

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Ken. I believe i have the same problem. Bit more then a $50 lesson. Ugg.
    Quick question, is that picture you in your home cockpit? WOW! That really is a semester or two of college!! I plan on building a cockpit out of wood. I would love to buy the MIP panel but then I will just want to have all the real gauges/controls etc. and that were it will start to really add up. So lets see what I can do by being creative. Thinking about a couple touchscreen monitors for the Overhead panel and such. Completely a different league from you but hopefully it will be a good start. Has anyone ever come across any step-by-step instructions for building a home cockpit? I have seen tons of measurements (and they will help a great deal) and some really great behind the scenes videos, but i haven't seen anything worthy in a step-by-step. Anyway, thought i would just ask.
    Thanks again.
    Joseph

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

Hi Joseph. Welcome to the forum.

Two things. I have the Triplehead2go and had it work straight out of the box on three screens. It was new when purchased though so I can't really help you on your TH2Go issues.
    Secondly, I have built (read still building) my cockpit from scratch out of MDF. The panels were purchased as making them is way beyond my know how. The MIP, CDU bay, pedestal and overhead were all hand made with the measurements you have probably looked at. The Opencockpit panels were attached. I have cheated in buying the plug and play MCP,EFIS, CDU, radios etc, but will be wiring the switches for the overhead through a couple of Leo Bodnars excellent cards. 75% of the overhead annunciators are up and working as they should be. Still along way to go.
    I started in 2005. Money is always tight so things have had to be fabricated when needs be to the best of my ability.
    I am pleased with my efforts so far and shall hopefully progress further over the coming few months having had a break over the summer period.
    All the best with your efforts and good luck with the TH2Go issues.

Gary

300+ Forum Addict

Joesph, just a quick question, is the USB cable directly to the PC or to a hub first? If it's hub first, switch to the PC, so you can rule it out... Otherwise, it is that your resolutions are mismatched or the firmware is not the right one. My past problem was the firmware not being the correct version; I just checked my old notes. By the way, like college, take notes on everything you learn or do with building a cockpit; especially, you should always write down every step of setting up and installing software on your FSX PC. If not, you will always be chasing problems like this one.

BSD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast