150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing 737 Style Digital Clocks

Hi all,

I've been working on a set of clocks for my pit and a few of my friends on the forum have expressed an interest, so what started out as just two clocks has become quite a project.

So I'm making this announcement to see how many more people. (if any) are interested in buying them. I have finalized the price now I've completed some, they will be £110.00 for each clock, plus postage and packaging. The postal cost will of course depend on where you live.
    At the moment these are only fully compatible with the Engravity MIPs, I should have units to fit the FDS MIPs shortly. Scott has kindly sent me the bezel from his FDS MIP, which I'm pleased to see is not that much different. These like the Engravity ones are a simple four screw fit. They only need a 5 and 12 Volt supply, which most of us use to power our rigs anyway, usually from a spare PC power supply. In fact the backlight which uses the 12 volt is a bit bright. So I'm using a 9 Volt supply with mine.

I must also reiterate my original description of these clocks, they are NOT identical to the real thing, they consist of a 24 hour clock at the top and a digital stopwatch at the bottom. This has lap time and of course reset, which I believe is all that most of us require of a clock.

So if you are interested can you PM me and I will make a list. A few members have already expressed an interest and I will get back to them within the next day or so. Or as I mentioned when I have an FDS version completed.
    If you order a clock (or clocks), I will only request payment once they are ready to ship out. That way you will know that when you've paid, they are on the way.
    Incidentally the faces are backlit in white, in the images they appear to be yellow, it's quite difficult to photograph LEDs.

Regards
    Joe Lavery
    Attached Images Attached Images

75+ Posting Member

Re: 737 Style Digital Clocks

Can you post your clock's dimensions, namely the width and height of the outside of the bezel and the size of the 45 degree bevel?

I have a Sismo MIP whose cutout dimensions are 82x82mm with a 12mm bevel. Plenty of room in back.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by NedHamilton View Post
    Can you post your clock's dimensions, namely the width and height of the outside of the bezel and the size of the 45 degree bevel?

I have a Sismo MIP whose cutout dimensions are 82x82mm with a 12mm bevel. Plenty of room in back.
    Hi Ned,

It looks like the size is pretty much standard-ish... The bezel For the Engravity is 82 x 82 also. However the corner is 19mm, so it seems you would have gap on the corners. I've attached a pdf with the sizes on so you can perhaps print it out and see how it looks.

Joe.
    Attached Files Attached Files

75+ Posting Member

Oops I mis-measured the bevel length--mine too is 19mm and the mounting holes are also 76mm. Looks like it would be a perfect fit!

Do you have any idea what the lead time is going to be and when you'll start accepting orders?

150+ Forum Groupie

At the moment Ned the lead time is zero, because I didn't announce them until I had some stock to sell. I only need to know your address so I can find out the shipping costs, then I would need the payment, (by Paypal please) before sending them off to you.

So if you want to place an order, I would be happy to receive it...

Joe.

75+ Posting Member

Joe, I sent you a PM