Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Assigning rotaries to FSUIPC help

I just installed my encoder board, got my rotaries wired up and they work! I thought that was the hard part. lol So I go into FSX and I'm going to assign them to my OBS selectors. That option isn't available it seems. (Light bulb!) I'll get FSUIPC.

So, here I am with an unregistered version of FSUIPC. I've read the documentation. I'm still confused. Perhaps I need the registered version to do what I want.

All I want is to assign the NAV's OBS/ADF/Heading, etc with rotary encoders. Do I need to get the registered version. I was going to test it out first, but can't figure that part out.

A little help. Thanks.

Re: Assigning rotaries to FSUIPC help

No one has any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I just installed my encoder board, got my rotaries wired up and they work! I thought that was the hard part. lol So I go into FSX and I'm going to assign them to my OBS selectors. That option isn't available it seems. (Light bulb!) I'll get FSUIPC.

So, here I am with an unregistered version of FSUIPC. I've read the documentation. I'm still confused. Perhaps I need the registered version to do what I want.

All I want is to assign the NAV's OBS/ADF/Heading, etc with rotary encoders. Do I need to get the registered version. I was going to test it out first, but can't figure that part out.

A little help. Thanks.
    It's been a long time since I've had an unregistered version of FSUIPC, but I believe the short answer is yes you'll need to register it to get access to the full feature set.

After that it's a matter of assigning each encoder input pair to a set of FSX Offsets like OBS INc or OBS Dec etc.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

Thank you sir. I'm not opposed to buying fsuipc, but I was going no where fast with the free version.

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

hello captain....
    you WILL need a registered version of FSUIPC to do what you want...
    rgds

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Dear Ian,

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong thread, as I'm still new to the whole forum process.
    I have bought a BU0836A card from Leo Bodnar for the A320 FCU I plan to build.

I’ve been reading all the tutorials you generously put for everyone to read on your site, and particularly the one about DIY encoders: http://www.737ng.co.uk/simple%20encoder.pdf

What I would like to do is use the encoder to change the Heading and Altitude displayed on the FCU.

Since encoders are hard to find where I live, after carefully reading your tutorial, I came up with the following scheme for converting a one pole/12 positions rotary switch into a free 360 degrees encoder:

Attachment 7771

After connecting it to the BU card, and before configuring it with Leo’s utility, I got a correct sequencing on Windows joystick properties:
    A off-B off, A off-B on, Both On, etc.
    After running the utility and setting the different 1:1, 1:2, 1:4 I got different results that I don’t pretend to understand, also because I don’t really know what to expect.

Now, based on your expertise, do you think it could work for my purpose? Cause if making push buttons work is fairly simple (I gave it a try for the overhead), I confess I didn’t really understand how to program the encoders actions when it comes to Hdg and Alt, and I would be very grateful for any info about how to make it work through the BU0836A (SIOC, FSUIPC, Macros,…).
    Thank you in advance for any helpful info you may provide.

Stephane K.A.Comneno

P.S.: Sorry for my poor English, I'm Italian.

Attachment 7783

Help, anyone?

Stephane

Quote Originally Posted by Beltfed View Post
    Attachment 7783

Help, anyone?

Stephane

F1, F1, F1,

Please, anyone!

At least validate or invalidate the modification. I can't find original encoders where I currently live, and mail service isn't good enough to risk and buy encoders on the net. They would probably get lost on the way.

Heeeelp !

Stephane