Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I need some advice about G1000 display.

Hi my name is Mark and this is my first post on the forum. I need some advice about starting my own cockpit.

I have aquired a Garmin g1000 ground precedural trainer called an echo demo from a defunct flight school. This has 2 x g1000 displays and also a central radio control panel. What I need to know is it going to be possible to interface this into MS X or will I be wasting a lot of time and effort trying to get it to work. Any advice or opinions gratefully recieved

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Posting Member

Re: I need some advice about G1000 display.

Well I must say that they are amazing, lucky you!
    I think that it could be done. Just a matter of how is it is going to be and how to do it I don't know.
    Do these displays have any connection for a computer at all? If not you may need to rip out the electronics from these and replace them with your own. Now I am not an expert on this, so I really think that you might need some more info from someone with a bit more experience.

Ollie

Re: I need some advice about G1000 display.

There is a chance (only a chance!) that you could drive the GPS location data to it using a standard data format, maybe through GPS-Out from Peter Dowson, but as for the rest of the data; who knows! Best bet would be to talk to an avioncs tech and see if the data IO format is documented anywhere.
    It'd be a real shame to gut the things!
    Oh, and I know a company in Florida who "stimulate" real aircraft avionics for a living, so I know it *can* be done

HTH

SeanG