10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2FS Startup/Minimize Question

Hi,

I just started using Link2FS for the first time and built an autopilot with a serial port and USB connection. The USB connects the push buttons and the rotary encoders to FSUIPC and Link2FS drives the display. Works really well. I'm sure that there are many ways to skin a cat but I know USB quite well so interfacing the push buttons and rotaries was simple. The PIC code for capturing the serial data to drive the display was almost as simple (except for my PC serial card which had to be replaced because it wasn't working correctly) but getting the USB and serial to work together was a little challenging.

Link2FS is a great program but I have a problem that maybe someone can help me with. I tried to build my sim like a toaster meaning one button "on" and one button "off". Some C code and a few macros makes this possible. When I want to "sim" I press the computer "on" switch and everything sequences up to all screens in the full screen mode.....works good....but....when I added Link2FS to my sim, I learned it had to be started after FS otherwise FSUIPC will not start. The problem is that my scheduler starts FS and then after a short period of time starts Link2FS....then my FS windows all go to taskbar and sit there...darn. Now I have to "click" FS in the Task bar for FS to go back into the full screen mode.

I know little about the Windows operating systems. So I am hoping that someone either knows how to make Link2FS run without maximizing itself, or how Link2FS may started before FS, or recommend a solution to automatically re-maximize FS after LinkFS minimizes. My guess is that I'll have to have a program send the FS window a "maximize" code.

Any advice would be great.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Link2FS Startup/Minimize Question

Mmmmm ,, I done a quick mod and this will minimize the application on startup.
    Not sure if it will work but if it works then it's an easy fix.
    I don't use a scheduler so I can't test it.

You need to put this exe file into where the other link2fs_inout.exe is. (replace the original exe with this one)

http://www.jimspage.co.nz/link2fs_in..._minimised.zip

My guess is 50/50 if it will work or not.

Lets know ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Jim! I will give it a try later today and will let you know. Your program is fantastic.

10+ Posting Member

Jim....You are a "Super Genius." Thanks! The small mod works PERFECTLY on my system. I raise my hat to your brilliance!

5. Thanks Jim NZ thanked for this post