25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Which brand I/O cards for complete 737 Overhead

Hi All
    I am currently starting a full 737 sim as my Hons project, I have an Overhead set (everything but the gouges but these coming soon)
    from Opencockpits however this does not include the i/o cards.
    Does anyone have suggestions as to which brand of cards would give me the easiest / best solution for interfacing with Project Magenta overhead software? Phidgets, Leo Bodnar, OC, or some others???
    I am not a big fan of O/C cards but my UNI has an account with them so I would need to convince them why use other company as they are always reluctant to open new accounts...
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I will be starting a thread on a progress of my setup in few weeks

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Which brand I/O cards for complete 737 Overhead

Hi,

You could also consider Pokeys Cards and Wendy's 7 segment and Led extension cards. I have used these with Prosim737 and are so easy. http://www.flightsimparts.eu/simulator.html

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

I too use Pokeys for switches / encoders, Phidgets64 for indicators and OC USB servo cards for gauges.
    Highly recommended!.. on Prosim737 software

Quote Originally Posted by Dawid Szczeblewski View Post
    Hi All
    I am currently starting a full 737 sim as my Hons project, I have an Overhead set (everything but the gouges but these coming soon)
    from Opencockpits however this does not include the i/o cards.
    Does anyone have suggestions as to which brand of cards would give me the easiest / best solution for interfacing with Project Magenta overhead software? Phidgets, Leo Bodnar, OC, or some others???
    I am not a big fan of O/C cards but my UNI has an account with them so I would need to convince them why use other company as they are always reluctant to open new accounts...
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I will be starting a thread on a progress of my setup in few weeks
    i'm using the pokeys56U with the extbus open collector lamp/led/ relay driver boards. I'm doing my own interfacing using c++ and simconnect so I can't comment on how well they work with other software. I'm am very impressed with their cards, a lot of functionality for very reasonable price. if you using the extbus for the lights you can get 80 lights and still have 56 input lines for switches and encoders. great stuff.

mark