25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Weber 727/737 Capt Seat adjustment Cable

Hi All,

I've tried various resources for a solution to a problem I have - hoping someone can help out!

As the title states - I have a Weber Capt Seat in my 737 sim - recently acquired from APHS (Airline Pilots Historical Society). Seat works great except for the fore/aft adjustment. This is the seat without rails so ideally if I can get this working, that would be awesome.

I've tried 'macguyvering' a solution using a modifed push-pull throttle cable from my local auto parts store to push the lever which activates the piston to enable the fore/aft adjustment to function - thus far, none of my solutions worked.

I've also tried searching eBay, contacted APHS, and Weber Aircraft for a replacement cable, all to no avail.

Sort of buying a seat for the co-pilot side and cannabalizing parts - not sure what to do.

Anyone have any seat adjustment cables for this seat that are spares that they may be willing to let go of? Or have had similar issues and was able to get their seat working?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Matt

25+ Posting Member

Re: Weber 727/737 Capt Seat adjustment Cable

Are the original "mini hydraulic" actuator mechanisms (the two small pistons connected by fluid line) totally missing or just not working? I refilled a few sets on my Weber and they came right back to life. They are pretty easy to refill if they are intact but just low on fluid and go "flat".
    -dave

25+ Posting Member

Hi Dave,

No - they are totally missing (as is the actual cable linkage)...which is likely why any of my 'Macguyver'ed' attempts to get it to work have failed.

Matt

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Hi Matt if you didn't get a reply from AHPS i would strongly consider reading this: http://www.angelfire.com/il2/aphs/help/help.html

Point number 1.

Hope that helps
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

25+ Posting Member

Hi Geremy,

AHPS pointed me to that link so I am aware of that fix - the issue is there is no "tube" with which to fill the oil. The entire actuator tube/cable assembly is missing. The only thing there is the actual piston which makes the seat move - I can move the seat manually by using my hand to move the little lever which activates the piston. Just no mechanism connecting that to the seat control lever.

Matt

25+ Posting Member

Yes it sounds like somebody just removed the entire assembly and didn't replace it for some silly reason. If the line got cut or bent/broken they may have considered it a total loss. Who knows but that sucks. This sounds like the elusive weber feet I was missing and APHS Nick has a guy make them for me. These seat parts sound like they are hard to get to say the least. The Weber factory is only a few hours from my home and I was just thinking the other day about maybe dropping in on them the next time I drive to Dallas and just asking them in person if they might have any original feet they would sell me for my sim. Probably a long shot and probably many $$ so I'm not optimistic BUT if on the off chance I got somewhere with the plan I will ask about the actuators too. Usually these pieces are still on the seat but when they are missing the work-arounds are painful...

25+ Posting Member

That was my guess too (re: removal of assy). I've been trolling eBay every now and then to see if one pops up. I am not *too* concerned with it but I certainly would like it 100% functional.

My last resort fallback is: The height adjusment is 100% functional. Once I get the seat in place finally, set the height to where it is ideal for me, and then move the cable assembly over to control the fore/aft adjustment. I am the primary user so once it is set, height adjusmtment, or lack of, isn't that big a deal - most others would fly right seat. This (combined with my homemade rail system) will help me get in and out of the seat a little easier.