Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

USB Output Card trouble -again

Hello everyone,

These days my output card disconnected from windows everytime I startet the SIOC software. It could have been seen for a very short second on the devices listing and then *bingbing* it disappeared. I used a tool to remove all unused USB devices from the list in windows and now the card stays in the list, but it does not have an ID and so can not be used with SIOC scripts. Instead of a number, there is a * in the list.

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks and greetings,

Marcel

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: USB Output Card trouble -again

Hi Marcel
    a few things to check, have you got a 5volt supply onto the USB outputs card?
    Is it configured in the SIOC.ini file?
    Does it get a USB address when it is connected/disconnected?( you can see this in SIOC)
    Try using the test_outputs.exe file from Open Cockpits to test the card as a standalone first.
    Here's the link to the manual for the USB outputs card

http://www.cockpitbau.com/downloads/...utputs_eng.pdf
    1 more thing
    go into mycomputer/properties/hardware or device manager, from the top menu select view/show hidden devices and then click next to the USB controllers to see the list of all devices connected to USB. Right mouse click on each one in turn and look at properties and maybe this will show if your USB output card is connected OK. Disconnect and reconnect your card whilst on this page and watch to see if it gets added/removed from the list. Last resort ...delete all the USB devices from this list and reboot your computer using a complete shutdown and windows will restore all USB devices from scratch. If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse attached, once you delete the device they will not work so hold in the power button on your PC for 10 seconds and this will cause a power off shutdown then re power up.

hope this helps
    geoff

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: USB Output Card trouble -again

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your answer! I forgot to mention, that with the test tool everything works fine.

I solve the problem with the ID: I did exchange the wrong number in the ini...

But still the card gets a new ID every system restart and so I have to adjust the number everytime in the ini file...