10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Logistics of fitting LCD's behind MIP

Hi Folks,

I hope all is good with you.

Just considering now the placement of the LCD screens behind my MIP.

Am I correct in thinking that you remove the actual LCD panel completely from it’s casing so that it is just the screen panel, the circuitry and the on/off/setting button panel remaining – completely strip the monitors?

How then do you manage the situation of switching the panels on and off when they are buried deep in the MIP – solder an extension onto the original switch and assign it to an unused button somewhere ??

Clearly I don’t want to be reaching inside the MIP every time I need to switch on and off 3 or possibly 4 panels?

Thanks for any guidance on this.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Logistics of fitting LCD's behind MIP

Quote Originally Posted by StephenBalmer View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Am I correct in thinking that you remove the actual LCD panel completely from it’s casing so that it is just the screen panel, the circuitry and the on/off/setting button panel remaining – completely strip the monitors?
    Yes, though you can leave them in the frames, but they will then be "pushed back" from the screen bezels and you may not be able to access the screen controls.

On my setup, I removed all of the monitor framing, resited the "control button strip" to the top of the monitor framing using a glue gun. The monitors are all set to power on and then all wired to a single power on/off switch. If you have I/O cards then you could use an output to drive a relay and then be able to turn them all on/off using an used switch on your sim

David

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Or use one of those power saving adaptors that switches off all the socket outlets when it senses the master one is not pulling a load?

My monitors remember their on/off setting when I switch the 220V from the power cable. My whole sim is powered on by one main switch and I never have to touch the monitors. Maybe it's good to check how your monitors behave before you buy them.
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)