Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Dual linked Ace Yokes... missing inox rings ???

Philippe- sorry for delay in resonding! My Ace yoke is non-linked. I only have one ace at this time. The other is a real 727 yoke that I am going to sensor up to use in 1st officer position. I have both yokes from the 727, but the Ace is so close to real and is already wired I have kept it in there for now. I will see how the conversion goes and maybe swap it out down the road. The centering mechanism was a bear on the real yoke and isn't perfect yet so I have some tweaking to do. I used some gas push-shocks off of a junkyard Ford Explorer along with some wire rope. It took some serious experimentation to get a stong mechanism to live in a 4-inch floor space. I don't have any room under or over my cockpit.
    On the seats, the best bet is to look on APHS website or on ebay. My source is very expensive compared to those places. I just happened onto a couple of the only "needs work" seats they had. My trim switch was also $600 price tag as it was new(I got a good deal). APHS (airline pilots historical society)has one for much less. Get that one. Believe me the real ones are unbelievable compare to fakes! The new list price for a mason trim switch used in the boeing yokes is 3200 bucks!
    One more thing, my first idea was a single seat but if you have room go ahead and do a dual seater. You can build up the 1st officer side later as you fell like it. My idea is to be able to get a person in there that knows nothing and help them take a flight and let them see what goes on just to fly even a short flight. This will be just an approximation of reality as I am no expert on flying the real thing of course, but the things I have learned and am learning will at least give them an idea even with my amateur piloting!
    PS- Just checked APHS and they still have that mason trim switch for $250. A steal and no I don't work for them ha! He also still has a real trip counter for the opposite side of the yoke for 110 and those are really cool too. Hope I don't break any forum rules for pointing that stuff out. Sorry if I did.

10+ Posting Member

No problem for the delay, dont worry.
    I was myself in vacations and just came back.
    Everything is clear. Thanks for your response.
    I Just received the real one I ordered, (used) but the click feel is not so good on push as it is one pull.
    So ordered two not real ones, just received them but it's terrible. quality is ...
    So might try to really get the real one, but in better condition.

Best

Philippe

10+ Posting Member

Hi,

And just one more question about the wiring and interfacing.
    How did you proceeded with the wiring of the new real trim switch on your ACE yoke (not on your 727 one)
    Is there anything to modify on the trim, or you just connect it to the existing cables coming from the base of the ACE yoke ?

Thanks

Philippe

10+ Posting Member

Hi David,

As the trim switch is key for me, I consider getting a new one.
    Would you mind to give me the company you purchased yours from. I am aware it will cost more that the recond ones, but I want this part to work perfectly. As said, the real one I received is fine, but the click feel is just perfect when you press for nose down, but for nose up, the click feel is barely noticeable, which is the problem. Ready to invest to get a real good one. Thanks David for your help !

Phikippe

25+ Posting Member

Philippe-
    I don't get over here too often and I'm not getting email notifications on this thread so I missed these posts again!
    I got the last one from my place(also it was $600) but I see a very nice one on the APHS site (
    www.oncealoft.com) for $250. Nick can tell you if it functions well before you buy it. I just wired it into the existing wire stub on the ACE yoke. Now the real switch is actually 2 switches side by side so on the real plane both must flip together as a sort of safety mechanism. One switch activates the trim motor system and the other tells the trim motors to actually move(may not be the most accurate description). To fake this on the sim just wire them in series. The diagram is on the side of the switch. ALso, a cool addition to add is the trip counter, which Nick also usually has. Unfortunately, you will need to carve the other hole wider too and put a 5v or 12v to this and it glows quite well. I have one of my real yokes up with this but not my ACE yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12