Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Dual linked Ace Yokes... missing inox rings ???

Hello to all,

I have received months ago my dual linked yokes from ACE. The product is great apart from the fact the it is not really plug and and play and you need to experiment with the cables connection and the most important .... from the start I had only two inox rings for the yokes base instead of four in the package. After many e-mails I haven't received any response from Ali. I will try to copy the rings in my local inox shop, BUT just warning for the future buyers, be aware... Ace products are great, but luck after sales service.

Hope that helps someone.

Regards,

Nick

Re: Dual linked Ace Yokes... missing inox rings ???

After the above message, I received a pm from Ali asking my address to send me the missing rings. I answered giving all details requested. That is 2 months ago.

Still waiting for those rings !!!

I must repeat my self, Ace products are great, but luck after sales service.

Be aware...

25+ Posting Member

Yes, they were supposed to send me a replacement for a defective trim switch on my new yoke at the time... 1 year ago!
    I didn't bug them and ended up modifying the hole size and installing a real, essentially new, recon'd mason. A slightly better switch anyway...
    Technically they still owe me one of those things. Oh well.

4. Thanks oal331 thanked for this post

So, as i can see, ACE does not offer any after sales support, even when the problem is from defective or missing parts.
    After 1 year ??? !!!
    I'm afraid to think what could happens if the problem was from the customer's side !
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

25+ Posting Member

I think ACE are probably overall great guys with a great product and have great intentions, but just maybe aren't very organized with customer communication before and after, like some of these niche flight sim companies. Seems like I often read of these inconsistent attention spans towards customers in this hobby biz. I know they have many irons in the fire at any given time. I'm not throwing stones as much as I guess I'm saying maybe these smaller production entities may be side ventures, or have other fires to put out personally for example and don't have a large staff to pick up the ongoing agenda when they get pulled away. In general, if I get put on hold I don't get too bothered but I can understand when folks have multiple thousands invested in a product that they want to get working sooner rather than later and they can't get any responses. Quick update emails are worth their weight in gold but are conspicuously absent at times.

And still waiting.....

No comments

still waiting....

It's a pitty, so good products, so bad after sales service!!!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by daveaust View Post
    Yes, they were supposed to send me a replacement for a defective trim switch on my new yoke at the time... 1 year ago!
    I didn't bug them and ended up modifying the hole size and installing a real, essentially new, recon'd mason. A slightly better switch anyway...
    Technically they still owe me one of those things. Oh well.
    Hi,

Just read your email by chance.
    I am philippe from France.
    Had the same problem as you.
    Changed the trim switch on my ACE yoke (Ali sent me a new one) but still shows défets after few months.
    You mentionned you modified the hole size of your yoke and installer a new one "recon'd mason".
    Is recon'd mason a company where you found trim switch ?
    Could not find any link on the net.

I ordered one from airline historical pilot society, and intended to install it on my yoke.
    But the holà is too tight for a réal one>
    Not too difficult to arrange ?

Thanks

Bye

Philippe

25+ Posting Member

Philippe - You did exactly what I did. Mason is the manufacturer for these trim switches. The "recon'd" reference was just short for "reconditioned" and I found mine at a aircraft reclamation/parts company close to me. I saw the mason switch on APHS website and noticed it being a good price. The new price is actually close to $3000 USD so you did a smart thing buying that up. I would have grabbed it but I had bought two previously. The solid feel of these switches is amazing. Now to get it into your ACE yoke, yes you must enlarge the hole. I used a dremel tool to gradually enlarge the hole using various burrs and then a fibre cutting disk after a certain point to finish hollowing it out larger. It was tedious but worth the trouble. Once in position you need to drill the two holes in the back side for the retention screws. Also a bit painful to line up but not too bad. I countersunk them a bit and used hex screws. I need to do the same process for my trip counter on the other side of the yoke but have been putting it off! Good luck. You will love it!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by daveaust View Post
    Philippe - You did exactly what I did. Mason is the manufacturer for these trim switches. The "recon'd" reference was just short for "reconditioned" and I found mine at a aircraft reclamation/parts company close to me. I saw the mason switch on APHS website and noticed it being a good price. The new price is actually close to $3000 USD so you did a smart thing buying that up. I would have grabbed it but I had bought two previously. The solid feel of these switches is amazing. Now to get it into your ACE yoke, yes you must enlarge the hole. I used a dremel tool to gradually enlarge the hole using various burrs and then a fibre cutting disk after a certain point to finish hollowing it out larger. It was tedious but worth the trouble. Once in position you need to drill the two holes in the back side for the retention screws. Also a bit painful to line up but not too bad. I countersunk them a bit and used hex screws. I need to do the same process for my trip counter on the other side of the yoke but have been putting it off! Good luck. You will love it!
    Thanks for your reply.
    I will get some support to procceed to the installation as I do not have any tools hère at my place.
    Just few additional question :
    - you said you found a trim switch at an aircraft réclamation/part company. could you tell me the name as I currently looking for réal 737 QUAD and webwe or ipeco seat
    - Do you have the dual linked ACE yoles or 2 single for your simulator ?
    I am about to build my sim, and still hésitante between single or dual seat. for budget and space issue. But even in case of dual seat, was thinking about two single ACE as I am flying alone most if the time, and that the limitation of 40 degree bank angle on the dual ACE is an issue I think.

Thanks

Philippe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast